• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thoughts on this chicken run please

daisylou

Warren Scout
Hi

I am still in a quandry over what hutch and run to get my buns when I move them out in the summer. Ideally I could like a double layer hutch and a separate run. I have been looking at the fold down runs on happy hutch and then I saw this

http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=224&categoryID=10

I was thinking I could attach it (somehow) to a 6ft double hutch from happy hutch.

It's such a difficult decision to make as it is a lot of money and I want them all to be happy.

Thanks

WOW that is absolutely fantastic. I'm even going to measure the space I've got here see if we can fit it in as a run for the buns:)

oh I love that - I want chickens now I've seen the coop that goes with it! :p

However, for rabbits I'd get something bigger - it's actually less floor area than their normal 6x3 rabbit runs, and I've never even used mine for my rabbits as it doesn't seem big enough for anything but grazing - they can't actually RUN in it.

Happyhutch will make you panels specially too - last time I asked them they quoted me £20 for a 2x6 panel - you could then hinge them together how you wanted and fix them to a hutch with bolts maybe?

Hi

I currently have one nethie and a bigger bun, not sure what she is - a wee bit bigger than a dutch i reckon.

However, I have another male (about the same size as my girl) that I am going to try to bond with them once his hormones have drained away from him (he got neutered on monday).

I like the idea of buying the panels separately though. Maybe I should gte in touch with them and see what they can do for me.

Thanks for your thoughts:)

Back