• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding bunnies - advice please

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
Hiya everyone

Im going away for the weekend with my family and partner to centre parks, i have never left my bunnies before lol and im quite worried about it. Its over the weekend and they have lots of room to run round my house or i go back to see my mum and they run round the stables which they love! Thing is they are never shut up in a hutch, at night they are shut in my utiliy room with the hutch open so they have quite abit of room all the time.

Also with saffy being abit hormonal at the mo think they need plenty of room, she has her stitches out of her ear in a week and a half so that'll be fine for them to be together all the time again, they havent shown any aggression to wards each other since i keep them seperated but so they can smell and see eachother at night and when i go out at the min to makesure joey doesnt remove the stitches himself!

Does anyone know of a place in hampshire near southampton that would cater for them, i dont care about price i just want them to have a nice weekend too! Its the weekend of the 7th march so i dont mind them being outside perhaps with a heat pad as they are used to the utility being quite cold but they do have a low wattage heater.

Any ideas welcome :)

The only one I know of is Deep Dene Small Animal Nursery at Bitterne Park in Southampton I've never used them personally, but a friend uses them for her rabbit and has never complained. Cant find a website but the number is 02380 555698 or 07808 116708.

Alternatively what about a pet sitter or someone who would call in several times a day to care for them.

Sue at Southampton rabbit rescue does boarding and she is lovely. If you want any details just pm me and I can give you her number.:D Funnily enough I will be at Centre Parcs myself that weekend!

haha really? How funny! Yeh i spoke to sue yesturday, going to go see her place this week, but she said she works in the day thats my only worry but she does sound lovely.

I wiill call Deep Dene and see what they are like too. Thankyou :) Id prefer them to go somewhere where someone is around, think im an over protective mum!! haha plus joey needs his cuddles, his very much a mummies boy and loves people. :)

Saffy is such a little thug now!! I have to keep her seperate from joey because she keeps jumping on him and he gets annoyed, they've already had one fight. She just wont settle now and she is thunmping around making lots of noise like a stroppy teenager!! Im having her VHD jab done tomorrow and will get her weighed, shes been weighed before as had to have a GA already to sort her ear out, so going to discuss with the vet when is a safe time to get her done.

It certainly wont be before i go away, what am i going to do? Im panicking about leavng them like this!

Back