• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think I have been conned...:( U/D He's home!!!:):)

petticoat74

Alpha Buck
A few months ago... I made the sad decision to rehome some of my rabbits as I felt what with lack of job and then getting a new job with longer hours, I could not give them enough time, I decided to keep the oldies (Raff and Sadie - now gone:cry:) plus Isabelle my Blue Rex doe...
I put them on RR as felt this was a good place to go for someone who really wanted a rabbit....well someone enquired after Luna my squirrel lop... seemed really friendly and was coming to Essex from Kent to get her.... I thought that it would be lovely as she was meant to be a spoilt housebunny...the woman was meant to be a vet nurse...
They seemed lovely when they came to get her... took her cage, hay and food... then I got an email saying that my doe was infact a buck... she must have hidden it well!! I have heard nothing from them since... I have sent a couple of emails...
Now I see a 'Squirrel lop' 'friendly boy' ad on free-ads this morning and I can't help but think its Luna:cry: Cos I realised when they left with her, I never took any contact details... I feel like an idiot... I just hope Luna is safe and well and being looked after...:cry::cry:

Last edited:
Oh hun, how upsetting for you. Do you really think it may be Luna, some buns with similar colourings can look the same.

If you really are concerned this may be Luna, perhaps contact the seller and ask about the rabbits history etc and see if you can find out any information that may tie up this one having been your bun.

Good luck

Def enquire some more to see if it fits that he is Luna, maybe you can get him back and rehome hime again yourself if you still couldn't keep him? Or ask a rescue to help rehome him but you have him at your house?

go undercover pretend your someone else and contact them for a picture etc. if its Luna im sure a bunny run can be arranged to get him back to you.

Thanks:) Sad thing is, I really believe its Luna... as have received nothing from new owners, despite them telling me they would keep in touch...:( They took her cage, so I have no-where for her, if I could get her back, plus I don't drive anyway and she is in Kent now and I am in Essex.... Its just so sad, to think that a rabbit I loved and thought I was sending to a great new life, may now infact being pushed to pillar to post...:cry: I am so angry with myself....
I wish I had kept Luna:( Thankfully, I took the other three off RR and decided to keep them... As Raff and Sadie both passed to the Bridge shortly after Luna left us...:cry:

A few months ago... I made the sad decision to rehome some of my rabbits as I felt what with lack of job and then getting a new job with longer hours, I could not give them enough time, I decided to keep the oldies (Raff and Sadie - now gone:cry:) plus Isabelle my Blue Rex doe...
I put them on RR as felt this was a good place to go for someone who really wanted a rabbit....well someone enquired after Luna my squirrel lop... seemed really friendly and was coming to Essex from Kent to get her.... I thought that it would be lovely as she was meant to be a spoilt housebunny...the woman was meant to be a vet nurse...
They seemed lovely when they came to get her... took her cage, hay and food... then I got an email saying that my doe was infact a buck... she must have hidden it well!! I have heard nothing from them since... I have sent a couple of emails...
Now I see a 'Squirrel lop' 'friendly boy' ad on free-ads this morning and I can't help but think its Luna:cry: Cos I realised when they left with her, I never took any contact details... I feel like an idiot... I just hope Luna is safe and well and being looked after...:cry::cry:

I am in Kent - where is the ad hun ?

How long ago did the new owners collect her hun? :( Def ask for a photo, you will be able to tell straight away if they send you a clear picture ;) How odd that they suddenly said she was a boy :? x

Free ads...:roll: He is listed as a squirrel lop (beautiful head and friendly!) and they want £10!:roll: In Rainham I think! I hope its not her, can't believe I have been so stupid, not even remembering to get contact details, apart from email adi!!:(

Free ads...:roll: He is listed as a squirrel lop (beautiful head and friendly!) and they want £10!:roll: In Rainham I think! I hope its not her, can't believe I have been so stupid, not even remembering to get contact details, apart from email adi!!:(

oh my god PM me the link please that is where I live :evil:

I could get luna back to you or at least help put your mind at rest

How long ago did the new owners collect her hun? :( Def ask for a photo, you will be able to tell straight away if they send you a clear picture ;) How odd that they suddenly said she was a boy :? x

She left me three weeks ago today.... tbh I got her from a friend, and when she said she was going to let her and Ben go, I was scared she would end up going to breeders, so I had them (posted it on here back in October 2007) as my friend said Luna was a girl, I didnt check properly:roll: Stupid:censored: I am! I checked her nails etc and gave her a feel... but, not a proper look, as she was so nervy... she even displayed doe behaviour.....The night she left, I got an email saying that Luna was a boy....

She left me three weeks ago today.... tbh I got her from a friend, and when she said she was going to let her and Ben go, I was scared she would end up going to breeders, so I had them (posted it on here back in October 2007) as my friend said Luna was a girl, I didnt check properly:roll: Stupid:censored: I am! I checked her nails etc and gave her a feel... but, not a proper look, as she was so nervy... she even displayed doe behaviour.....The night she left, I got an email saying that Luna was a boy....

So its likely it could be Luna because if they wanted a girl bun, and got a boy bun...? The people may not really know that what they are doing isnt the right thing though, I might just be naive. Hmm, Sad situation :(

Mmm that could be true, but she also enquired after Benjamin first, as they were both on there, then she expressed an interest in Luna....:roll: I know I am to blame.... its just made me so angry at myself...:cry:

I have Pm'd you back

Hun what makes you think they are in Kent? I am not good with freeads so I may have missed something x

The couple said they were from Kent, when they emailed me... the free-ad said 15miles from me....?
I so hope its not Luna.... hope she is binkying about being a spoilt bun....:cry::cry: I am such an idiot!!

The couple said they were from Kent, when they emailed me... the free-ad said 15miles from me....?
I so hope its not Luna.... hope she is binkying about being a spoilt bun....:cry::cry: I am such an idiot!!

Dont worry hun, if its her I am sure you will get her back x

Back