• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just in Case Anyone is Interested

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Hi all :)

I wanted to let you know that I will not be taking on any more Rabbits of my own due to certain personal reasons. I will of course continue to care for the Rabbits I already have. I will also help out with nursing care of sick Buns, as I am doing for Mo, when I can.

The reason I am posting this is that RU has been such a big part of my life and I consider many of you to be my friends. No one need fear that any of my current Buns ( as opposed to CurrAnt Buns !! :lol:) will have to be rehomed. But I am not in the position to be able to take on any more, even when the sad inevitable happens and my numbers decline.

I will also try to continue to help Bunnies on RU with offering any advice if I can.

Jane x

yes I made this decision myself about a year ago - there's only such much one pair of hands and one heart can do :)

I think you have been fantastic to take on all the bunnies you have Jane and I so admire you.

I would love to have more buns but learnt the hard way a few years ago when I got up to nearly 30 guinea pigs, one bunny and three cats. They all had a great life, but it was hard work. I'm now down to eight piggies, two buns and my dear cat Ollie. I know my limits now.

I think what you do is amazing, but good on you for being able to do what you need to :)

Hugs to you. xx

Last edited:
Yeah I am the same, I decided this ages ago, the last bun I took was Dylan my cashy, I can't be doing with the upset all the time, I get stupidly upset too :oops:.

Saying that though, if anything happens to the rescue I get equally as upset, so I'm not in any better situation to be honest. We have took on a few old ladies as rescue residents, when I lost Daisy I broke my heart as much as I do with any of my own :oops: and I know will with Nibbles who is a right charcter and she'll have been here a year since last april and is 11 :shock:. We have a couple who are at Stephs and I get upset nomatter what :lol:, so not helped my situation at all :lol:

Hi Jane
Just to say that you should be proud of what you have done so far and what you continue to do with your current buns. It makes me glad to know that there are people like you in the world who have helped so many animals.

I hope to be a rescuer / fosterer one day. I am trying to learn / research as much as I can beforehand tho.

It is people like yourself that inspire others. xx

Thanks for your replies :)

I have made this decision because I am not in the position to make any more lifelong commitments to more Rabbits
As I have said, the Buns here now will have my 100% dedication for their lifetime. But to take on any more *ever* is no longer an option for me.

Janex

awwww hunny after the heartache youve had this last year i think your amazing to still keep little furries, i hope your illness if its a serious one can be cured and i really really hope you can fix your heart xxxxx

I can understand you coming to this decision with all the heartbreak you`ve had Jane & just really hope you are o.k.

HUGS

Su.x

Hope you are ok Jane.

I think you are truely amazing for everthing you do for your rabbits and other peoples.

I think your amazing with how many bunnys you have rescued and helped, You have got me out of some panicks with my two:oops:.

Well Jane you have done a fantastic job over the years and since i have joined this site you have brought in so many new buns and have lost so many too. I dont know how you do it!! but you have made a good decision and i wish you all the best. I do hope you are ok :D...

Thats like 3 people now over last few days .... whats going to happen to all the buns needing rescued :shock:....whos going to open another rescue :p:rolleyes:
But honestly, you have all done so much for a big number of buns, you should be proud of yourselves! and when its time...its time :)xx

i think you are a truly amazing lady Jane & without doubt, your selfless act of helping Mo has given her the best chance of recovery possible.

I realise i am a relatively new to the forum, but i really do care - i truly hope you are ok Jane & that you have someone special to chat to yourself about all this - that is the very least you deserve.

I, like so many on here are very saddened by your news - but most importantly concerned about you - i truly hope you are ok - we all consider you our friend now for everything you have done to help our buns - please take care of yourself ;)

Amanda:wave:

Thanks everyone :)
I will still be around on RU .......unless Tam thinks differently......:shock: so I am not exactly going anywhere. As I said earlier, I have made some lovely friends through RU and hope that nothing changes there.
Its just my personal circumstances are not compatable with taking in any more Buns. I wont be Bunless for many years though as I have 42 here ages ranging from 6 months to 11 years!!

Janex :wave:

You've still got plenty to keep you busy then :)

I hope you are ok Jane. And I'm very glad you are sticking around. I can continue my campaign to get you an honorary Doctorate of rabbit husbandry. xxx

Thanks everyone :)
I will still be around on RU .......unless Tam thinks differently......:shock: so I am not exactly going anywhere. As I said earlier, I have made some lovely friends through RU and hope that nothing changes there.
Its just my personal circumstances are not compatable with taking in any more Buns. I wont be Bunless for many years though as I have 42 here ages ranging from 6 months to 11 years!!

Janex :wave:

That means we have you for at least another 10 years!!! :D

awwww hunny after the heartache youve had this last year i think your amazing to still keep little furries, i hope your illness if its a serious one can be cured and i really really hope you can fix your heart xxxxx

Ditto.

I hope all will be well with you Jane, I'm really glad you're sticking around. I've always found your advice invaluable!

My rabbits and I would be lost without you and your invaluable advice. I hope your health/circumstances improve, although none us know where or who we will be in 10 years time. :)

'They' may come up with a miracle injection which cures all our ills (but I won't be holding my breath :))

Back