• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter Trays - what do u use??

I use layer of newspaper, Megazorb on top and then some hay on top of that for them to chew on. If they have hay in the litter box it stops them getting tempted to eat anything else.

Megazorb is fab stuff its brill for soaking up with the wee smell and its lasts ages. Definately recommend it.:)

I use cat litter pellets with a layer of hay for the outside buns.
Squidgy doesn't like them :roll: so he has carefresh.
I have used megazorb before and it was fine.

I use a layer of newspaper with Hemcore on top.
I stopped using megazorb because I found it got stuck to my fluffy bunnies fur and it seemed to get dragged everywhere.

I just use woodshavings/sawdust:lol: It's cheap and I've never had a problem with it:D (Heck occasionally I get it for free, as I just take remains from wood-shop class:lol: Those are just thrown away anyway, so me and my teacher go there to pick up some for mine and her daughter's rabbits.
I tried wood pellets once and frankly I found it even MORE dusty than the shavings:shock: I honestly felt sick when I was cleaning it out. Besides it all crumbled immediately so it was really no better than the shavings:roll:

i use wood based pellets, never had a prob, i did use the worlds best cat litter (that i have for my cat) once when i ran out of pellets..... bad idea.... lol..... you can prob guess why (its made of corn...) lol :lol::oops:

RE: lITTER TRAY'S

What do u use in ur litter trays?

Would bunny's eat megazorb?

:wave::wave:

HI I'M MRS CHIEVIOUS!
I use Tesco's own brand, premium wood based cat litter,
I have tried many different sorts of litter's and have found this to be the most readily available source.
My 'grabbit's' don't seem to want to eat it, but if any other rabbit did it wouldn't harm them!.
I hope this information has been of some use to you, Mrs.Chievious xx

I just use woodshavings/sawdust:lol: It's cheap and I've never had a problem with it:D (Heck occasionally I get it for free, as I just take remains from wood-shop class:lol: Those are just thrown away anyway, so me and my teacher go there to pick up some for mine and her daughter's rabbits.
I tried wood pellets once and frankly I found it even MORE dusty than the shavings:shock: I honestly felt sick when I was cleaning it out. Besides it all crumbled immediately so it was really no better than the shavings:roll:

definitely don't use hardwood shavings from a carpentry class - many hardwoods are poisonous. And all wood products smell 'nice' due to the phenols they release - phenols aren't immediately toxic to rabbits but they build up in the liver and make the rabbit less able to cope with anaesthetics, periods of starvation due to stasis, or stress (which all damage the liver too).

Back