• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Boarding DVDs

Do you think a promo video is a good idea?

• Yes, it helps people see where there bunnies would be staying

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • No, this wouldnt be enough for me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Just would like your opinions on an idea i had a few weeks ago that i am currently planning.

I run a bunny boarding and i often get requests from people who would like to see the accomodation etc before boarding, but sometimes people who are far away, dont want to make the trip twice, but also dont want to not check out where there bun would be, so sometimes they go elsewhere.

Im thinking of making a promotional video type thing, where i document (i do media and make films so it would look professional) a day at Sunny Days, showing the accomodation, cleaning out, buns in the runs etc...which would go on my website, but could also send out on dvd also..

do you think this is a good idea?

Sounds like a good marketing idea to me :) I think a lot of the boarding facilities would benefit by showing more photos etc. of their setup. That's what people want to see when they are deciding where to go. I don't know if you need a dvd to post? Depends where you get most of your boarders if they find you online they'll probably watch the video there.

Tam

I think it's a great idea. I'm looking for bunny boarding at the moment (not near you sadly) & I find it very helpful when the websites show where the bunnies will be living & what sort of care they get. It also shows bunny owners that you care about the rabbits & are willing to provide reassurance to the owners on the standard of care. Good luck!

Personally I'd rather visit somewhere I was going to be leaving my buns.

However, if there was nothing local to me & I was, for instance, dropping them somewhere on the way to/close to the airport (which is around 2 and a half hours away from me!) then a DVD or web-based film would be a good way of "seeing" it.

I think it's a really good idea and we did this intially when we first set up and still found the people who had been sent a video link wanted to come and look as well. We also had people coming from nearly 50 miles away from us to look when they had the option of the video - they just preferred to see it in the flesh and look at references. I think it will depend a lot on the individual but it IS a great idea:)

Back