• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Paranoid Mummy

Brennan

Alpha Buck
help help post neuter questions

Bunny wants to come out - do you think he should stay in his cage - he is a house bunny

Also his eyes are all gooey? do they tape them shut or something? The nurse who discharged him was being stupid so I didn't ask her much

And can he bite his stitches or are they small? I haven't looked yet

Also can he have anything for dinner or just pellets? I mean can he have some veg or am I better to stick with Hay&pellets?

Sorry for all the questions :roll:

Alvin only ate veg after his op.. offer him what ever you can hun, he needs to keep eating :)

we had to keep alvin penned for two weeks, only lasted a week tho :oops::oops:

the stitches can be pulled open so you just need to check his wound twice a day just to make sure hes healing ok

Alvin only ate veg after his op.. offer him what ever you can hun, he needs to keep eating :)

we had to keep alvin penned for two weeks, only lasted a week tho :oops::oops:

the stitches can be pulled open so you just need to check his wound twice a day just to make sure hes healing ok

Thanks Hun

he has had some hay - bless him and some museli :| but he looks so sad I may offer him some Kale

He doesn't like being locked in - he is penned in the dining room so maybe I will let him out - he only sits under the chair anyway

Cassius is lurching around his pen like an idiot :roll: apparently he was trying to eat at the vets and kept falling head first into the bowl :oops:

he has just had some greens - he really likes them we found some for 50p in tesco the other day - local as well so he was pleased -

Cassius is lurching around his pen like an idiot :roll: apparently he was trying to eat at the vets and kept falling head first into the bowl :oops:

awww shame !!! his little belly was hungry - I am glad he is ok, they love to worry us don't they :lol:

Thumper was asleep just now - till I offered him the greens

Aww its good that he is eating. Cass is asleep in his bed on his snugglesafe now. He looks so cute :love:

Re the gooey eyes-an eye lubricant is used during anaesthesia. The drugs given mean that their eyelids don't close during the GA and therefore they aren't being lubricated themselves. If this is prolonged, there is a good chance of painful ulceration otherwise. Its worth asking whoever discharges your pet if there's something you're unsure of.

Re the gooey eyes-an eye lubricant is used during anaesthesia. The drugs given mean that their eyelids don't close during the GA and therefore they aren't being lubricated themselves. If this is prolonged, there is a good chance of painful ulceration otherwise. Its worth asking whoever discharges your pet if there's something you're unsure of.

thanks for letting me know that - I did think it was something to do with the GA

I didn't see my vet who operated on him when I brought him home, just some stupid nurse, who had annoyed me - plus I didn't look at his eyes when I collected him

I am just nosey :lol: Whats this what is that

Let him eat what he wants (within his 'normal' parameters !!);

His eyes will look odd for quite a few days till the ubrication gradually wears off and is cleaned off by him (though its eems to hang around even after the start washing again);

Check stiches daily for redness or soreness -

Otherwise just give him a big hug nd welcome him home!!:D

Let him eat what he wants (within his 'normal' parameters !!);

His eyes will look odd for quite a few days till the ubrication gradually wears off and is cleaned off by him (though its eems to hang around even after the start washing again);

Check stiches daily for redness or soreness -

Otherwise just give him a big hug nd welcome him home!!:D

I gave him a big kiss and just took some photos of his bits, just to see if anything 'changes' I am really pleased with how neat it is :)

here are the pics if you are feeling nosey http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=117330
:lol:

Back