• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Groups...

Leanne

Wise Old Thumper
those of you that have or have had groups of 4 or more....
Which combinations have you found work best? or is it just down to personalities in your opinion?

I had 2 of each sex for a year living together until all hell broke loose with both males..........................and I should soon have 2 of each in a group again :shock:

Group of 15, pretty evenly balanced: 8 boys and 7 girls. With my lot the boys are definately easier going that the girls, but then I think I just seem to have a load of mardy moos really :rolleyes:

I'm interested in this as I'd like to put a little male in with my girly trio, but I was doubtful of the chances after the last attempt.
This little boy is more laid back than the last one, but I'd be interested if anyone has anyone has any views.

Is this a good time of year to try bonding with spring in the air??

3 boys and 2 girls. It's the girld that cause the problems! :lol:

I think it is dependant on the personalities though, my male house bun is very stroppy and bossy and I don't think he'd take well at all to group living. Faline has spoilt him by being too devoted!

Elvis and his three ladies...

yyy166.jpg

Adam and his three ladies...

bonding2feb08065.jpg

Neil

Neil, were your groups of three girls already bonded in a group before the males were introduced, or were they all introduced together when you did your mammoth bonding a while ago?

I've never had bonded rabbits of the opposite sex, so I don't really know which is easiest - I had a pair of brothers, and now I have a group of sisters - the boys didn't get along too badly, and the girls get along pretty well - both of them had/have the odd skirmish in spring when one gets too frisky in the sunshine, or when they think I have food and they want to get there first.

Neil, were your groups of three girls already bonded in a group before the males were introduced, or were they all introduced together when you did your mammoth bonding a while ago?

Oooh, complicated! Nellie and Poppet first, then Elvis and after one minor scuffle he was accepted. Then Florence. That was hard work, the others wouldn't let her settle. Then Kitty, accepted instantly. Next was Rita and Colleen who wouldn't accept either each other or the group. Then BooBoo and Dylan at which point we tried a nine-bond when Rita and Dylan picked each other but there was friction between Kitty and BooBoo so we split them as Nellie, Poppet, Elvis and Kitty in one group and Florence, Colleen and BooBoo in the other.Then Jaynie and Stanley. Stanley was added to the latter group until he passed and a few weeks later Adam was integrated into this group.
The 11-bond we tried was thwarted instantly by Jaynie who will not accept other rabbits (she thinks she's a cat or a dog, no seriously) and slowly unravelled.
So to answer your question, no, yes and yes :). I think :lol:!

Neil

Back