• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so sad....

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
Ive had a call from a couple who adopted a bunnie off me about 6 months ago sadly the bunny named biscuit wasnt well and the vets did all they could for him but at 10.45 pm sunday night he had a seizure and passed away whilst at the vets :cry::cry: they are absolutely devastsated :cry::cry:and today have decided to give up their other 2 bunnies :shock: they said they cant go through the pain again its so sad that now these 2 bunnies are up for rehoming due to their owners loss :cry::cry::cry:

Isn't giving them up going through the pain again anyway? Grieveing makes people do some funny things, they really should not be making a decision like that at this time. They may well come to regret it. :(

why dont you offer t take them and 'reserve' them for 2 weeks and if they decide they miss them they can come and collect them?

we did that once 4 sum1s dog n she didnt miss her at all...cus weve still got her 13 years later...but sumtimes ppl give up pets them when they miss them feel too awkward to ask for them back....?just an idea

Thing is if they would give themselves time to get over it they would probably not want to rehome they are giving up too easily.

When I lost lil man I swore I woudl never have another bunny, I have since had Donkey and Bobby :oops:

Isn't giving them up going through the pain again anyway? Grieveing makes people do some funny things, they really should not be making a decision like that at this time. They may well come to regret it. :(

I agree, so sad :(
I hope they realise it was a rash decision and change their mind :(

Back