• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this cruel - honest opinions would be appreciated :-)

BirdieBun

Wise Old Thumper
I am thinking of having a bonding shuffle round this weekend and I want to know your opinions before I go ahead.

At the moment as most of you know I have 2 groups of 3. I have Poppet Bino and Orchid, and Bobby Bambi and Donkey.

I am still not (even after nearly a year) happy with the bond Donkey and Bobby have as Donkey always demands to be with Bambi and will still chase and shoo Bobby away although the biting and aggression has totally stopped. They all live in my 4ft x 4ft playhouse.

Then I have Bino Orchid and Poppet who have lived together for a year and dont fight however they go through stages where Bino bullies Orchid and it is one of those times now. Whenever I go in Orchid is hiding alone and Bino and Poppet are together. Now I know this stage will pass however I hate to see Orchid alone in the meantime.

So.......I was thinking of bonding Orchid with Bobby Donkey and Bambi so it balances out the male/female gourp and gives Donkey someone else to fancy so hopefully the competition against Bobby will lessen, and move them into the big shed.

And move Poppet and Bino into the 4x4 shed and attach a permanent run for them as they are used to the big shed.

Now will this be cruel as in they will think Orchid has died? Is it cruel to move them out of their home they are in now?

Sorry for rambling I would just like your thoughts please :)

I think it sounds a good idea and will level out the male/females dominance thingymejig :lol: Hope all goes well xx

Sounds like a good idea. :D

In my experience buns don't seem too bothered if they lose one of a group, seems to more of an issue when it's a bonded pair and one rabbit is left on it's own.

Amy

I took Scout out of my trio to bond with Bobby after Pippa died and I have to say they honestly didn't seem to mind. Bobby and Scout were living together within 12 hours and are inseperable and the boys have become closer (apart from that sping craziness which seems to have gone with the sunshine).

I also did it for Fivers health as well as Bobby's need for a partner.

Sounds like a good idea if it isn't working. You could always try putting them all in together and seeing which groups form by themselves and then seperating them into those.

Yes that sounds like a good idea to me, if things still aren't settled its likely they won't I guess.

Bobbie lives with Laura and Sophie comes to me:lol::lol::lol:

Easy solution get another bun:D:lol::lol::lol:

Back