• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attitudes to pets passing away

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
I was looking on ebay this morning,and i was very sad to read that someone was selling a two teir rabbit hutch due to a cat killing their daughters two rabbits that morning :( I see that they had put the hutch on ebay straight away as their daughter was upset.OF COURSE SHE WAS!:censored:.
I know that the wonderful people who rescue rabbits see this care free attitude all the time,but reading several descriptions on ebay of why these people are selling their cages is so sad.They just dont care.
Yesterday i read about the man who was selling his hutch because the dog chased the rabbit away.Another lady is selling her indoor gage to fund her cats operation,she mentions she must get a good price for it because kitty is going to the vets.In the description she put a photo of the cat.I suppose she does care for animals in a way.A lot of all these old hutches are in a terrible state,and apparently need just a good clean.If i had to sell a hutch on ebay i would atleast make sure it was clean!!I would be so embarrased to have someone come round to collect something that hadnt been cleaned out.
Right I have calmed down now,thanks for listening.I am going to collect all these descriptions and contact ebay.

Jackie xx

Yes, I know what you mean and it makes me so angry!

Re: unclean hutches. I looked after a work collegue's pair of rabbits and guinea pig (don't get me started, she knows exactly what I think) last summer and although she cares for them very well at home (they have a large hutch and run and are well fed and cleaned out often), she seemed to think she could drop them off with a tiny hutch and no run (she thought they could share a run with my two:shock:)!

The hutch she brought was from her brother in law and it was completely filthy, I felt very sad for the rabbit that had lived in it. I ended up cleaning the hutch and buying a cheap run, so that the poor creatures were not stuck in a tiny hutch all day.

Back