• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed. Mould in rabbit shed.

chris123

New Kit
Hi

Has anyone here ever experienced blue coloured mould in their rabbit shed. Ours isn't up long and there seems to be a fair bit of mould up at the main beam. I have since taken the shed down to put paving slabs down as a base so i am going to de-mould the roof, treat it and replace the beam. When I took the roof off I did notice that there was also a good amount of mould under the felt. Do you think this is the reason for it? Also I think some water may have gotten under the felt because it did start to rain on me when i was putting it up a couple of months ago.

Also what is the best way to get some ventilation in the shed. I bought some vent covers and was going to cut a hole at the top of the door a put a cover here. Would this be enough or Should i do what some people have done and replaced the window with some wire mesh?

Any help on either question would be greatly appreciated. The mould issue is worrying me the most though. I don't like the thought of the rabbit in the shed with mould on the roof because it did start to attract lots of tiny flies.

Hi I noticed it on mine recently, but there are 3 rabbits in there now, the windows are plastic and so it's quite draughty. I tend to wipe the roof with a clothe and discenfectant (sp).
Sue x

Mould grows when there isn't enough ventilation. Try replacing a window pane with mesh, or some other way of increasing air flow.

Amy

Back