• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Announcement U/D page 6

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
It is with much sadness that I am informing you all officially that Jane Dexter of Warwick has decided to close her rescue.

This decision has not been taken lightly and has caused a lot of sleepless nights and many shed tears, but Jane feels that she cannot continue.

Over the past few months with the several large rescues that we have done we have witnessed the most distresing scenes imaginable and it has has a profound effect on both of us.

Jane and I would like to thank everyone most sincerely for the support we have received over the last 5 years.

We still have nearly 60 bunnies to rehome and will continue until they are all in loving forever homes, but we will not be taking in anymore.

Thank You.

Last edited:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am DEEPLY saddened to hear this. Jane has done GREAT things for SO many bunnies. Rabbit Rescue is going to have a huge hole left in it with her leaving. I wish you all the very best in rehoming the remaining buns, and all of the best to Jane for the future. xxx

Oh Theo - I am sooooo saddened to hear this :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: You have done a wonderful job and Jane and Alan are such wonderful people - I have had the most gorgeous bunnies from them and will always love Jane and Alan for letting us be their special mum and dad to them:(
The rabbit world will be a much poorer place without them and without you - I am heartbroken for you all :cry::cry::cry:
Jane knows that if any buns come in that are like the ones we have had off her then we will take them - or if any become ill we will do our best to take them.
I am really upset over this but I honestly understand - and I know that they will always love buns and do their best by them - even without actually having them.
You are all saints in my eyes and I will sorely miss the beautiful buns that you all help.
If there is anything I can do then please phone me, you can PM me for my number :cry::cry::cry:
Much love to you all - xxxxxxxx and please thank Jane and Alan for our wonderful Thomas, Lily, Minnie-Moo, Speedy, George, Chewy and Florence - they brought us some wonderful light into our lives - xxxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry to hear this it really is such sad news. You and Jane have done such wonderful work. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Abbie x x x

I have been waiting for this, and Im deeply saddened by the the effect it has had on Jane and Theo. I have tried to help out as much as I can too, but it is only a little compared to these guys.

I was with Jane and Theo yesterday and you can see that this decision has not been taken lightly. It showed on all our faces the day we went to ARC.

It will leave a MASSIVE hole in the rabbit worlds heart.......

I'm so sorry. I understand why you need to do it for yourselves sake. Sometimes its like a little death in our hearts everytime you see or experience what horrors so called "humans" can do. ((Hugs)) to both of you.

What sad news:( but i can understand how seeing such heartbreaking scenes can wear a person down. They have done a tremendous job and have made such a difference to so many bunny's and bunny mums and dads. i'm sure they will be greatly missed:(

Oh this is awful... it must be so hard for you to see what you have and i cant imagine how you guys must feel and what you must have seen :cry:.... who is going to do all the rescuing now :shock::cry:.....

So sorry to hear this and big hugs your way xx

I was so sad when Jane told me of her decision.
I know both she and yourself Theo, have been involved in some awful cases and appreciate how much it takes out of you.

I wish Jane well in whatever she does and hope ..after a break ..she maybe can consider starting again but maybe in a small way...

Jane was responsible for me adopting my dear old Bran(now at RB)..and i'll always be grateful to her for that.

I hope you will stay involved in rabbit welfare Theo?

Dreadful when other people's careless and irresponsible behaviour makes those that care feel they have no choice but to give up..:cry:

Thinking of you both xxx

This is so so sad :cry:

You have done amazing work and i really wish you all lots of luck and happiness in whatever you all decide to do.

Loads of love and best wishes xxx..............

Oh Theo :shock: That's so sad, I feel really upset for you both :cry: Although I can understand why sometimes this point maybe inevitable :cry:

I hope Jane finds something really lovely to do with all the spare time she will have! ;) What about you Theo, you have your own buns, but will you continue to foster, or was it very much a team effort between the two of you?

That's a real shame - Jane, Alan, Theo and Roy are all lovely people, and have done so much for so many rabbits.

I have to admit that Alex thought I was a bit strange when we collected four buns from Jane and then dropped them all off at various places down the A34 (including a exchange at didcot services - what the other people at the services thought, I don't know!)

So here is a celebration to all the buns that have been through Jane Dexter and Theo's loving hands over the years :D

Cheers!
cheers.gif

Sorry to hear the sad news. Jane you must think of yourself now. You have helped an awful lot of rabbits and you should be proud of yourself. This type of work is emotionally draining and you wouldn't be human if you weren't affected by all that you've seen. Best of luck for the future.

Back