• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nose Twitching

buddabun

Warren Veteran
i heard somewhere that if a bunny's nose stops twitching it means it is totally at ease with its surroundings.

Is this ture? Charlie and I were having a rather hypnotic cuddle and he usually gets bored after about 30 seconds but a good 10 minutes went by and i looked at him and his eyes were half closed and his nsoe was still... when he realised I'd stopped he started sniffing again but as SOON as i started stroking him it stopped.

am i just personifying him or is there some truth in this?

Nose twitching indicates how interested and aware a bunny is of his or her surroundings.. So the faster the nose twitches, the more alert/interested the bun is. Like if a rabbit sees something new and interesting, their nose twitches very quick.

When it stops twitching entirely, the rabbit is asleep (I think), as they nap for a matter of minutes at a time throughout the day, and do so with their eyes open, depending on the bunny... Some sleep with their eyes closed also, I imagine, but many sleep with eyes open, and still noses. ^^

aww well he fell asleep on me :) thats a compliemnt i would iamgine as he wouldnt do that if he wasnt enjoying the ear strokes...?

Back