• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone Use Oxbow Pellets

Claire&Phil

Warren Scout
Does anyone use Oxbows bunnybasics and if so how much do you pay and where do you get yours from?

Phil

Last edited:
I use them and are very happy with them. Having had excess caec problems in the past I swapped to Oxbow and have had no problems since. As our bunnies are little ones the size of the pellet suits them too!

We get ours from thehayexperts and are currently using a mix of T and 15/23 as the bunnies are still young.

I don't think the prices vary between suppliers but there are differences on postage. I use thehayexperts as I tend to bulk buy hay, litter and other bunny treats at the same time to save on postage.

SPH supplies also sell them as do pamperedpiggies I think.

Hope this helps,
Vanessa xx

I use Bunny Basics T and pay £12 for a 4.5kg bag which lasts ages as they only have a teaspoon a day each :D
I buy it from my vet surgery.
I think its great!

I use it and think it's fab!:D The buns seem to love it. I pay £11.27 and get it from the vet. They are really good as I go in one day and it's there the next.

I use Oxbow buny basics and always purchase 20kg from SPH for £40 as bulk buy is cheaper and I have 7 buns to feed. i was just wondering if this was the amount people where paying for it or is there a cheaper place to get it from? Saying that I do like using SPH as their service is fantastic.

We are just about to run out and having been a bit short of cash this month means I can only order some tmw which is a Fri and therefore it will not arrive until Monday but I need it now. I could ask for it to be delievered Sat but I belive next day delievery for a Sat costs a bomb:roll:

I use Oxbow, but my prices wont help you much as I am in the states. I can tell you, though, that when I bought from a warehouse that supplied the pet stores in the area, I paid about half what I paid int he pet stores themselves. I believe Oxbow's website ships, at least here in the US, and their prices were not much above my wholesale warehouse.

I use Oxbow buny basics and always purchase 20kg from SPH for £40 as bulk buy is cheaper and I have 7 buns to feed. i was just wondering if this was the amount people where paying for it or is there a cheaper place to get it from? Saying that I do like using SPH as their service is fantastic.

We are just about to run out and having been a bit short of cash this month means I can only order some tmw which is a Fri and therefore it will not arrive until Monday but I need it now. I could ask for it to be delievered Sat but I belive next day delievery for a Sat costs a bomb:roll:

Oooh im going to buy a 20kg bag now! Been wanting to get a bigger size :D

We feed it too. We buy it direct and get discount as we are a rescue and use sooo much! Costing more that £250 a month now! Janice feeds the guineas Oxbow Cavy Cuisine too.
I wouldn't want to feed anything else as we never have chronic sticky bums on this - even one's that have suffered for years clear up on it.
Nice to see people who adopted from us use it too :wave:

Back