• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's your favourite aspect of rabbit keeping?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Go on, tell - but "cuddles" is a given, so if you pick that you have to put a second choice too.

For some reason I really, really enjoy making them a salad with a little bit of all their favourite veg in it.:oops: Also inventing new toys. :D And when one of them is happy to have a nap on the floor with me and I wake up an hour later and shes still there.

I love inventing new toys too and then see them get all excited when i give it to them. I can spend ages finding things to give them to play with

I honestly can't think of much that I DON'T like about it!

I love spending time with them, and making their meals, and setting up new places for them to play, and shopping for them, laying on the sofa with them just chilling out.....and I even like cleaning them out! They are just TOTALLY theraputic to me, and I am at my happiest when I am out puttering around in the garden with them.:D :D :D

the pleasure for me is to be able to sit on my sofa and watch them.... whether grooming, bombing about or just lying down so far they they never fail to amaze me

i also like the way they nudge me when im at my pc, my legs are under the table and i cant see them but i feel them :love: :love:

and new this week, breakfast time (which is veg time) they hang around the kitchen door while i get ready for work and almost kill me as they bomb into thier room as im calling breakfast :love: :love: :love:

my least fav is being beaten up by Alvin when i try to brush him, i feel hated :cry::cry:

i love it when i jump up and spin around:oops: because Lola does a binky with me. its like we are dancing:lol: i also like it when she decides to sit close to me wherever i am in the room:D

I love everything about them and could sit watching them for hours and hours. If I had to pick one thing tho it would have to be happy skips and binkies :D

I love it when Arthur follows me round the garden helping me with the jobs. He loves chasing the rake and jumps over it as I go. I have to do everything so slowly though so he doesn't get hurt, a 10 minute job takes an hour but he's worth it :lol:

I also love it when he turns his nose up at the veg but tucks in when he thinks I am not looking :lol::roll:

I love watching them racing around in the garden, or trying to get up to some new kind of mischief! Also seeing them really relaxed and lying on their backs. or snuggling up and grooming each other. or when they come up and say hello. And I'm never tired of watching them wash their ears :love:

ooh i just worked out where all the other smileys are. doh.

i love seeing them happy. i love seeing them binky in the run, with a partner and lots of toys because i know that ive made them happy :D:D:D

i also love making them toys, even simple things like last weekend i got a willow baske from a bootfair, and filled it with new hay, fresh grass and treats, and then watch them devous it!

i also love looking at a beautifully clean hutch :D

I just love making them happy. They have pretty everything their little bunny hearts desire and when they're happy, Im happy:D

When they are asleep thats my fa bit - cos it means they arent eating wallpaper or carpet and I can relax for 2 seconds :lol: and I :love: watching them dream.

I love cutting them veg and giving it to them, then see the eat it!

I also love even more, seeing them binky, when you have just been cuddling them, or giving then a nose rub!

I love everything really though...:D

I love giving nose rubs and ear tickles and being groomed in return. Its such a good bonding experience and gives me such a warm feeling to think these timid little animals trust and accept me :love:

I love it when they hop onto your knee and have a sniff (although I cant stand whiskers on my face, the feeling makes me cringe :oops:), but my absolute favourite thing during 'bunny keeping' has got to be watching Jen change from being fearful & aggressive, to absolutely trusting me & loving me - I have cried many happy tears for that girl!! :love: X

I love giving nose rubs and ear tickles and being groomed in return. Its such a good bonding experience and gives me such a warm feeling to think these timid little animals trust and accept me :love:

That's probably my favorite thing too, and I love being groomed by the buns. Alfred has just started doing it and Piper will run up to me when I come in and immediately start licking my jeans! She knows if she is nice to me first I'll sit and pet her for hours! :lol::lol:

I love when I come go to get Lily out she reaches up the bars of the pen to meet me. I also love when she is investigating on the sofa that she comes up and nudges my hand for strokes :love:

ETA: I guess those are the cuddle type answers that you were hoping to avoid :oops: So my second choice would be making something like a toy or giving a new toy or food and seeing if they like it.

Last edited:
I love watching them bomb around the garden, I love watching them have a strop by either bashing their jingle bells or throwing their bowls, and I love it when I sit on the floor and they know its cuddle time and they lie next to me so I can give them some fuss:D.

I love it when they run up to me, but don't run away when i try to stroke them.

I love it when they help me clean out the hutch by chasing the brush and sitting in the hay box.

I love it when they binky round the garden

I love it when they climb on my lap

i love seeing them happy

I love seeing them flopped out at the end of the day fast asleep, it always makes me smile looking at them when they're like that :love: And seeing how Rubix & Sophie have come on, when they coming running up to me for breakfast I feel so happy & proud of them :D My most favourite thing was sitting down with Tufty on the floor as well and as soon as she knew she was going to get a cuddle she'd race up next to me and sit on my lap :love:

Back