• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing ideas needed!!! Any pics/ideas of you hutch/run set-ups?!!!

lucy pepsi

Warren Scout
Unexpectedly came home with rescue bunny Marley on Sunday - at the moment he is living in the top floor of the hutch we have the guinea pigs in - not ideal and i am fully aware of this :roll:

I have seperated the 2 levels so he is not with the pigs. He does however need far more space!!! I am puting him out in a wire puppy pen whenever i am at home and giving him a run around in the house each evening. What i need to do asap is adapt the hutch (4x2ft and two story) so it has a built in run that marley has permanent access to but also keeps the piggies seperate.

Please no comments about sorting housing before you get your bun - this was a very unexpected arrival. :shock:

Any pics of adapted hutch run combos? I need inspiration!!!

Could you put the piggies in the top section of the hutch. Marley in the bottom and then attach the puppy pen you already have (if I'm imagining the right king of thing) to the front of the hutch so he can have permenant access to it? (there's photo somewhere on here of somone doing something similar!). Then let him out to freestyle for a while when you are home?

Hannah

Anyway that you could 'hire' a hutch from a rescue? If they have some spare they may be able to rent one out until you can do something more permenant.

Hi

Im in process of changing from hutch set up with seperate run to a shed with attached run for my new buns. Found loads of inspiration on the photos & stories section.

Hope this helps.

Unexpectedly came home with rescue bunny Marley on Sunday - at the moment he is living in the top floor of the hutch we have the guinea pigs in - not ideal and i am fully aware of this :roll:

I have seperated the 2 levels so he is not with the pigs. He does however need far more space!!! I am puting him out in a wire puppy pen whenever i am at home and giving him a run around in the house each evening. What i need to do asap is adapt the hutch (4x2ft and two story) so it has a built in run that marley has permanent access to but also keeps the piggies seperate.

Please no comments about sorting housing before you get your bun - this was a very unexpected arrival. :shock:

Any pics of adapted hutch run combos? I need inspiration!!!

Dont worry hun, I had the same with a rabbit I rescued. I had to order a dog crate off ebay pretty quick as I had no housing prepared either;)

Happy Hutch Company via Ebay alhough you do have to assemble it yourself, need 2 people really.

EMhouse2.jpg

RABSWOOD

Thanks.

Yes I am sure it is still available. It is the 6 foot one.Cheaper to buy Happy Hutch off Ebay. Maisie and Bamber live in there and seem happy enough, Bamber is a mini lop and Maisie is a small agouti up earred bun.

Rabs

Back