• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Isn't bunny bonding fab!

wiggie

Alpha Buck
Our new recsue bun Audrey (we've had her a week and a half) is coming on leaps and bounds. She was very nervous to start with and we had issues with picking her up out of the hutch and catching her in the house but with the help of advice from this site we started using the carrier to move her around. This really took the pressure off and we haven't looked back! She is always there for a fuss when you go past her hutch and seems much more relaxed.
I offered her the carrier to bring her in the house this morning and she didn't get in. She stayed by the door of the hutch for a nose rub and so I picked her up. She didn't bat an eyelid! she didn't wriggle or growl at all. In the house i sat on the floor. She stayed on my knee sniffing around for a couple of minutes and then went off investigating. She was much braver with me, letting me stroke her while inside for the first time without running off and spent alot of time cimbing all over my legs, again a first.
I know I must sound obsessed but I feel we are really making progress and I just love the feeling when you start to build trust with a new bunny:D
I just had to share it with people who understand!
Wiggiex

Thanks guys! Yeah its a great feeling:D. My OH thinks i'm mad :rolleyes:. She's being spayed on Monday so I hope that doesn't change things. :( .
Wiggiex

Back