• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mouse!!! Help

Jennie Wright

Warren Scout
Hi
Sadly my little lady died of e.cuniculi (pls read up on this as its horrible), she went down hill very fast and was put to sleep on Monday am. Issie is now remaining, have had him blood tested to ensure he is ok before I try and find him a new girlfriend. On Tue night saw a wood mouse running up his hutch ramp! Managed to catch and took for a walkbut he seems to be back. Any ideas, used a trap(outside hutch) but he is so light he took the food without setting it off. Keep Issie really clean so am really upset to see a mouse. Does anyone else have these problems???

Thanks

My rabbits used to have a resident mouse. There was only 1 and it seemed to be friends with them which was an odd notion. They didn't mind it being there and it used to wait for feeding time to come trotting out and have a nibble :lol:

Mice are carriers of EC, so you want to avoid having him in your rabbit hutch if possible. :(

I'm lucky in that respect because my next door neighbours cat catches mice, but doesn't chase the rabbits.

Amy

Thats very concerning!! Will have to get the little monster then. Only noticed him on Tue and saw a couple of tiny poo's so think he is pretty new. Will find a better trap and take him for a long car ride once I have him.

Back