• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

laminate floor

maisydaisystar

Alpha Buck
Hi,
Just wondering if your house bunnies minded laminate flooring.
Curious to know how they get on with it, I used to have a house rabbit, who would only stay within my living room, as it was carpeted, and would not go into my tiled hall.
Just rehomed Tilly ,if I decided at a later point to make her a house bunny I'm not sure she'd like the laminate floor that I have in this house. Any info on this would be great

Mine dont seem to mind it all, after all they choose to come back inside from their garden pen through the cat flap. Occaisionally they lose traction when executing high speed turns, particularly if something spooks them. But they only do binkies on the rug and my armchairs or outside. I'm sure they've worked out how to deliberately skid to a stop at the right place though.

Hi there, my house buns are on laminate floor, I just put a rug unfront of the door to their hutch and they hop around on that. They don't like to go on the laminate ,so it is a good way to keep them in a specific area without having to pen them in! :D My younger foster buns will happily hop round on laminate though!

I think it depends on the bunny and what they are used to. Sharmi - who we got in her retirement had spent her whole life on carpet so didn't like our wooden floors at all. She would jump from rug to couch to home to avoid it.

However, our baby buns don't prefer carpet over tiles or wood.

It is a blessing.... Just means you have to have an enormous rug lol! But they are never shut in or anything which is nice!

My bunny seems fine on the laminate flooring and goes everywhere he can, but that's all we have so he doesn't really have a choice! lol

he does binky around on it and when he runs sometimes he does a skid stop and doesn't quite stop in time. Its quite funny really. He love a big side of carboard box that i put down which he digs on - much better than on my floors!

He choose to lay down on it too when he's out so it can't be too bad :)

OOh

My Bunny Used To Go On Laminate Floor, But He's Stopped Going On It...
I Think This was Because His Nails Were Too Long... You Should Try Cutting Them, Get Them To Lay Down, Just Clip Them With Nail Clippers x

Thanks x
:bunny:

I have outdoor bunnies that get in the house for a wee bit everyday.
When I first brought them inside at 10 weeks old Leon had no problems with it at all but Sammy didnt like it. I had to create an island out of mats and towels for him, he wouldnt come off.
Sammy is a long haired rabbit so he needs a lot of grooming, so it was easy to groom him knowing he wouldnt step of the small mat that I put him on but I think me attacking him with the brush everyday made him determined to get away so he is now used to the laminate flooring.
He's still quite slow on it but he happily hops about.

Back