• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lovely old Clyde

Kay

Mama Doe
I don't want this to be a sad thread, rather a very happy, thanks giving one to all the happy times Clyde gave me.

Its the anniversary of his death today, two years gone but still the best.

He was 32 years old in these photos!

Picture034.jpg

grimsbysign003.jpg

Clyde was a gorgeous horse!! Wish I looked as good as him for 32!!;) How long do horses live for? is it like dog years? Sorry don't know anything about horses.

Horse ages vary. Clyde was 35 when he had to be PTS. I think this is a good age. I have found that ponies tend to live longer. Upto 42 years isn't unheard of.

I had Clyde 20years. Its a long time to be with anything and the hole he left is emense.

This is a photo of Jack my lovely new boy. Had him for 7 months now and he is fab. Please excuse how fat I look - it was freezing and I had four coats on. The double chin is mine though :oops: lol He is a 5 year old 17hh Irish Draught (I am 6ft tall so he needed to be big)
disc020.jpg

He is a beauty too.... I love big horses, my boy is 17hh and !... he is a TB so pretty fine. I love I/D's.... GORGEOUS! :love:

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Clyde was a very handsome fella and I'm sorry that he's no longer with you. I hope you have the next forty years with your new man Jack. I love greys.

Post some more pictures soon!

Awwww Jack is lovely horse too!! He looks like a fairytale horse - you know cinderella's horses pulling her coach!

Aww yeah I know what you mean. When I get re-married in 2 years time I want to ride him there. Got to slim down first before I can try side saddle, I don't want to hurt him.

He is a pain to keep clean though and often has pee stains on him :roll: but when he is cleaned up he is stunning. I have a sharer for him as he has more potential than I can give him, so I happy hack and she takes him to local shows. He is doing dressage prelim soon. He is so sweet natured and calm.

I always loved Greys and after seeing 25 other horses I just knew he was the one.

Photos soon I promise, I am normally too paranoid that I'll drop my camera at the stables so I don't have many :lol:

Back