• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ever a right time to let them go?

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Is there ever a right time to let our bunnies go to the bridge? Although I know that we wouldnt let them unless we thought it was time, I'm really torturing myself at the moment :cry:

I keep beating myself up that I didn't let Molly go to the brigde sooner :cry:she didn't eat for about 8 days, in that time I took her back to the vets everyday.
I trusted them I really thought she was going to get better I still feel guilty 1 year on :cry:... I still get tearful :cry:today when all my buns were binkying round in the garden and thought of her she'd of loved it..

Your little Jen wasn't a well girl :cry:you let her go to the bridge and be free from illness...

i think when your pet is suffering more than having a quality of life its time to let them go as hard as it may be :cry:

I think they tell you when they want to go x I know defo with Andy he will tell us tbh cos we have such a strong bond and i think will be the same Mops tbh. Fredster will probsjust go peacefully i hope x I know with Cacey, i saw her the eveneing before she wa pts and i saw it in her eyes it was like she was telling me goodbye x oh gawd starting to well up :cry:

Awwwww! big hugs to you.

I torture myself over the very same thing and it's horrible, but you know when it's time, Jaypot said this to me when Bob was so very poorly and I really didn't understand it and then one day I just knew, but I always think you feel giulty about it because you are the one making the decision.

I really agree with Donnamt, it's all about quality of life.

Becki please dont torture yourself about any decisions made for Jen. You and your Vet will have made an informed decision. I often ask myself 'did I give up too soon' or 'did I push them on for too long'. But we all try to do our very best for the Buns in our care. I know that you would not just give up on a Bun if there was any hope of recovery or at least a good quality of life despite a chronic illness

Janex

Aww Becki please don't put yourself through it. I think there comes a time when you just "know" that it is the right time to let them go. It is hard, so hard. I don't think there is anything more difficult as you do feel like you are playing god and I hate it. But sometimes I think, it becomes obvious in them that they have had enough and are giving up. And that is when you know, as best you can. You knew with Jen.....don't torture yourself babe... please. xxx

I don't think there is a right time as such, but you know in your heart when it's timeXxX
Becki, I'm really sorry about Jen XxX

oh becki! *hugs*

i may be wrong, but the thing i find hard about letting a pet go to the bridge....is i keep thinking ' i hadnt made that deicion they would still be here'. and i torture myself with it. even thought i KNOW if i hadnt they wud be suffering. its so difficult to be the one to decide when they go, when you love them so much. but you did the right thing for jen, she knew you loved her and you knew it was the right time, no matter how hard it was. Jen was lucky to have you as her bunny mum

sending so many hugs to you hunni xxxx

Awwww Becki. There is never a right time in our hearts but we just have to go with our gut feeling and I know none of us would want our bunnies to suffer.

Big hugs your way x

Oh Becki, please don`t torture yourself:cry:

I know emotionally it never feels the right time but as others have said you know in your heart when it`s time to let themn go & you know you are doing what is best for them.
Your Jen was very poorly, just like my Poppet was & i know the pain is unbearable but you, like i did what was best. Not within just your heart but your vets aswell.

HUGS

Su.x

I will always let my animals go before they start to suffer, some may not agree with this but I would not keep putting my animals through treatments through my own selfishness I would rather they went whilst not suffering so much.

Back