• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does everyone think of this hutch?

Roughly speaking 1ft (12 inches) = 30cms

Looks good for anybody with limited floorspace, and needs to go 'upwards' with their hutch :D

I keep thinking that I must have worked these out wrong cos its soooo small.

Roof - 96 x 66 x 30cm = length 3ft 1 x width 2ft 2 x height 1ft

Main x 2 - 84 x 66 x 44cm each = length 2ft 8 x width 2 ft 2 x height 1ft 5

Run x 2 - 84 x 66 x 44cm each = length 2ft 8 x width 2ft 2 x height 1ft 5

I think it's way too small....
I also would be concerned at how sturdy it is in windy weather since these kind of hutches tend to be made from cheaper wood and not that heavy. I don't think moving upwards in hutches provides enough space. most two/three tier hutches need to have a ladder to get up to the next level and that again limits space.
I have a converted playhouse and summerhouse for my outdoor bunnies and don't think I could ever go back to a hutch. A playhouse is relatively small in terms of how much space it needs but gives other options in terms of building other levels etc...

That does sound small doesn't it? :shock:

Have to say I didn't work it out myself.

Thanks for these measurements - I can understand them!!

You're right - too small.

I think I am going to have to go down the playhouse route or 6ft happyhutches, but I need 2 :roll:!!! So much room needed!!! Unless my 2 boys will bond........but have to get Thumper done first.

If only I had found this forum years ago, I would have had all this sorted before getting the buns.

Oh well, I'll keep on trawling google just in case I stumble across a good en!

Thanks guys

Kerina

Thanks for these measurements - I can understand them!!

You're right - too small.

I think I am going to have to go down the playhouse route or 6ft happyhutches, but I need 2 :roll:!!! So much room needed!!! Unless my 2 boys will bond........but have to get Thumper done first.

If only I had found this forum years ago, I would have had all this sorted before getting the buns.

Oh well, I'll keep on trawling google just in case I stumble across a good en!

Thanks guys

Kerina

Keep an eye out on ebay, adtrader, local paper, shop notices etc for a playhouse. I bought mine locally on ebay for just 50 pounds! Alternatively a larger shed that you could put a divide in is a good option and probably still cheaper than a hutch.

Kerina,have you used the advanced search on ebay,you can put in rabbit hutch ans specify items within a 25 mile radius of your home?I have seen some good hutches on ebay

Jackie

Kerina,have you used the advanced search on ebay,you can put in rabbit hutch ans specify items within a 25 mile radius of your home?I have seen some good hutches on ebay

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

Nothing on ebay at the minute - i've just looked and i've also set up a saved search for this so they should email me when new things go on.

I love your hutch/run combo - how big is it and did you make it yourself?

Kerina

Not sure about size but I had one of their hutches before as a starter and was really pleased with it. Their delivery is excellent and good quality too.

Back