• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

going to miss them SO much

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
after my offer from bath its now sunk in that i wont see my beautiful pets everyday. When i got my rabbits, uni wasnt even on the cards for me. at school i was always in trouble, i got 5 C's in GCSE thats all. i then went to college to do a btec, i changed n bcame top of my class, i get straight distinctions now and am predicted DDD for my end of year :D (d means distinction not d grade lol) so i am proud of myself.

But it means i am going to have to leave my four rabbits and my elderly dog bonnie. My mum is going to look after them, if she wasnt prepared to...i wouldnt go! she loves them so she dusnt mind, and i will be home every holiday, long xmas and summer breaks....but i am going to miss them SO much.

it really upsets me that i wont see peanuts cute face everyday, or have jelly strop at me in the mornings! i just feel really sad :(:(

If you sre not going to be living on campus after your first year you could probably take a pair with you. I had a mouse and then later Molly during uni. :)

thats what im hoping to do, but i dont know if it would be possible.

i mean i know at the end of the day, this will make my future better, so that includes theirs, but i jus will miss them terribly.

Are you going this year? My son has just been offered a place at Exeter, at the campus in Falmouth. We live in the West Midlands, it's so far away and I'm going to miss him soooooo much :(

The only thing to be careful of is that if it specifies no pets in your contract you may be kicked out - at least the animals can go back to your mum's if that happened but you'll have to be careful incase a clause states they can keep/make you pay x amount rent even if you're kicked out

I've found it's very difficult for them to kick you out though. If you were caught you could say that you were looking after them as your parents are on holiday.

When I went away to Uni I was so upset at leaving my dogs and rabbit. I really did pine for them and couldn't cope without having a pet! I had some fish in my first year during my stay in halls, then the landlord agreed to me having my rabbit during my second year. I had to sneak her into my third property but I found that the landlords rarely came round...and when they did maybe once or twice I just made sure I was out.

well they are in pairs so they wont be lonely. i will try and get them up to me for my second and 3rd year but im not counting on it.:cry:

Back