• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

pics of lucypepsi's rescue bunny (warning bit gory)

Bunnytod

Mama Doe
Here are the pic's following from lucy's thread of the bunny she managed to rescue from this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=116939

Bunny is in a bad way but luckliy Lucy is there to help him pull through.
poorlybunny2.jpg

Thanks Bunnytod!!!

That is Dexter - he is in a real state. The picture doestny show how thin and scrawny he really is :cry:

I have to say though that he already feels like he has doubled in weight after ad lib hay and water over night!

He is definately feeling rather a lot better already - this morning instead of taking his medicine like a good boy he grabbed the syringe in his teeth, killed it and flung it accross the room!!! :roll:

Thank goodness that wound is draining, that could have been a very nasty abcess :shock:

Healing (((vibes))) for the little chap.

You have reported the person who sold this to you haven't you.
Could you not let the RSPCA see the photo it might make them move quicker.

Sue x

Yes i called the vet this morning and have asked them to write a report.

I Plan to take so more detailed photo's of the wounds tonight when my husband is able to help holding Dexter so i can get a better shot. I hadnt thought about emailing the rspca them - thanks for the suggestion.

I have reported them, but have explained the situation to RSPCA and they have suggested i tackle the mum myself first - hopefully the letter and pictures will shock her into putting her foot down and allowing me to rehome the rabbits somewhere else.

I hope he makes it - he is such a sweet little boy, and has had such an awful start in life:cry::censored::censored::censored:

If you can send the vets report with the pictures too. I cannot believe they suggested you try tackling the situation? I know they are a charity but that is what they exist for :shock::shock:

Poor littel fella. how can anyone leave an animal suffering like that????
Well done for taking hom on. Hope he starts to improve soon.

Oh dear, how awful. Sending loads of luck and best wishes to Dexter and everyone helping him - I really hope he makes a full recovery soon

good grief how did he end up with wounds like that?!

but on a lighter note - he looks like he'll be gorgeous when he's all better. :love:

oh poor thing, lucy try and get the rspca involved these people need to be stopped from keeping animals, i really dont know why they keep them when they clearly dont love them?!! makes me cross xxx

Back