• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

spring behaviour???

mrs munkee

Mama Doe
this may not be in the right section, but it comes under behaviour as opposed to care so thought i'd pop it here.

I was reading a rabbit behaviour book l;ast night and it stated that rabbits respond to the changing length in daylight hours around the end of January as this is the start of their main breeding season (obv they can breed at any time, but it makes common sense to breed in spring/summer when ther's more food).

Now both mine are neutered, and minstrel has always been inclined to hump cadbury, but the past few days (noticeably warm, sunny and lighter longer days) she has been doing it excessively :? its normally as soon as i go outside, but i have noticed her doing it from the window. it'll be from behind, on his head on his side :shock::oops:

Just wondered really if any one else noticed that spring is in the air or are my two just weird????

Seems it with Otis, in the past my bucks have started get randy at about 4 months, but I reckon because it's spring ish at the moment it's jump started Otis's puberty at 11 weeks. He now loves everything, phone books, logs, the dyson, and even I'm getting a bit sick of his advances. :lol:

Poppy has been humping Charlie and he's tried to return the favour but she's too clever and won't let him close enough to do it.

its just so embarrasing :oops:. we're taking them on holiday to my parents next week.....:roll:

the silly thing is she does it when i give them food, but because she's so busy humping, cadbury gets the food first anyway :roll: daft bun

:lol: should be fun, ours werent bothered till i let them out on sunday now they think its spring:roll::lol: and rosies gone mad, mowgli's hair is being pulled out all other the carpet and its a mess especailly as he has soo much fur anyhow

i went out the other day and told mum to ignore the banging it was them too at it:lol:and she laughed

lisa

Yep, the change in the weather has meant that Jenny has started humping Frankie again now... poor boy just looks embarassed :lol:

My Simba is always trying to hump Fifi and Nala.. unfortunately he isnt as fast as those two so never actually succeeds.. bless :lol::lol::lol:

Both Darcy and Frasier have started to attempt doing this first thing in the morning and late at night. Luckily the girls are too fast for them. They chase for a little bit then I tell the boys to stop and they do! :D My girlie buns appreciate it!

Scrumpie has been like that too - he's been humping Splodge like mad and she clearly doesn't like it. I try shoo him off when I catch him at it. Glad he's not the only one doing this :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've noticed...then again not all my rabbits are neutered though:lol:
Aroma is/were in heat recently and became very affectionate, this in turn affected Sasuke...who keeps missing the litter box. Luckily it's only poos yet, all wet stuff goes in the box.
The funny thing is HE'S a house rabbit and Aroma is an outdoor rabbit, yet I'm sure he knows she's out there:roll: And he reacted the same way towards Zakura last year too....and she's neutered:lol: Someone forget to tell Sasuke that though:p He still humps her at any given opportunity (then again he's also humped a stuffed dalmatian toy so I'm not sure that says a lot?:lol:)

Back