• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So you think your a bunny mummy hypercondriac?

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Posted these for Thea & Donna to see in another thread, so if you think your a bunny mummy hypercondriac you havn't got s**t on me :oops::oops:

This is my large desk/examination table in the bunny room:

05-10-07_0434.jpg

05-10-07_0435.jpg

05-10-07_0436.jpg

05-10-07_0437.jpg

05-10-07_0438.jpg

As you can see its very well orgainsed :rolleyes::lol: The first aid kits contain syringes, eye drops, electrolytes sachets, bandages, plasters and microporous tape, needles and alco-tip wipes and scissors.

Last edited:
You're NOT a bunny hypochondriac, Sooz......you're just efficient and well prepared for whatever fear-inducing situation the little fluffers throw at you!!!!! ;) :lol:

very organised!!!:D well done...:D (wish i could be that organised, it was always my weakest point... lol :D)

its nice to see someone whos prepared for every sitution that may arise.....:D

your bunnies can sleep safe at night knowing that they will aways be in the safe hands of mummy if anything should happen!!!! :D:D

ive got similar myself for all my pets (courtesy of my ex-employer.... lol) :lol:

xx

thats ace :D I will show my housemate -i moved sorrel's meds of the kitchen table cos he compained it made the house look like a vet practise. :(

are we allowed to know what everything is and why or will it take too much time? :D

just wondering which would be the essentials for an emergency really...i like to be prepared....i remember when i had tropical fish and whatver they got, i never had the right meds and the shops were always closed.

The problem is half the stuff you can see here is prescription only, or to do with POM's (needles etc). There isn't a huge amount of stuff that yo can buy yourself but there are some good threads on first aid kits:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=46658

Calpol is a no-no though and Baytril actually has a longer shelf life than 30 days :)

hi.....

I don’t know if any of you are aware of this? There is a qualification that allows you to hold, order and dispense POM's and others (you become a suitably qualified person) lol...
(i am currently half way through mine which will then allow me to hold an NVS account)

Because of my nursing career I get to do a shorter version (phew.. lol), but there is one available for non-veterinary related individuals...

Hope this helps

http://www.amtra.org.uk/index.html

xx

So are you undergoing training to diagnose a range of illnesses and conditions?

i did that in my nursing, this course also includes training on illnesses, treatment and dose rates, aswell as indepth study and exams....

obviously we are not allowed to prescribe and hold dd's....

dd's? Sorry I find this all really interesting in light of a discussion earlier today :oops:

So what would the average, non-veterinary, person need to do- the long course?

dd's, Dangerous drugs. :shock:

What discussion earlier today? Sorry i must have missed that.....please en-lighten me :)

This is what applies for me from Amtra:
''Since qualified VNs already have been assessed on some of the relevant material in this qualification they can be given credit for this and just have to be assessed on the “new” material and the working understanding of their other knowledge checked.''

i would assume, without reading the entire Amtra site that the 'non veterinary individual' would have to complete a full coarse as appose to an adjusted one....as in my case.
A quick phone call to them should clear any doubts up for anyone interested. I have found them to be very helpful.

xx

Ah, makes sense. Would that be along the lines of Pentobarbituate? :?

About the 1966 Veterinary Act and self-medicating, the thread has been removed now.

Pentobarbiturate, pentobarbatone, pentobarbital, pentobarb is the short version used by Vets/Vns, all basically the same thing, different colours but all have the same effect, and yes it is a DD....I knew a vet a few years ago that put himself to sleep with it! :shock: after his practice went bust!!

Missed that thread then..:?

xx

Back