• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suitable for Giant Rabbits?!!!

Thats terrible also says 4-5 guinea pigs, they are having a laugh. My guinea pigs would be fighting for space in there.
So they think that is tall enough for a giant bun?????? it looks more like the size of a rabbits litter tray.

You CAN just about fit a giant bun in a 5ft hutch but that is just about all it can do. We found this out last summer when we had a beautiful one staying here and it was out of it's much larger hutch exercising and we were cleaning out a 5ft hutch we use for a single or pair of guinea pigs after they had gone home. I turned my back to go fetch the fresh bedding from the other side of the exercise area and being an inquisitive bun had hopped inside. Poor love couldn't turn round to get back out though so we had to take the roof off and lift her out. Most definitely NOT recommended for one to live in. It would be like us going to bed in a coffin far too small for us.

I got this reply.....
hi no i am very aware and would not sell this hutch to anyone with a huge rabbit without a ver big to go with it the hutch has been bought for larger rabbits such as the dwarf lop which are not all that dwarf and the french lop i breed rabbits for 11 years and will not sell a hutch to any one if i feel it is not of the right size for the rabbit they have thanks for the email kind regards Tara.

not at all sure it makes sense...:?

Back