• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help u/d 0715 13/2 - she has done about 20 poos

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Lilly has only eaten half her food from this morning, and barely any hay. Ive just syringed her some water and she was fine with that.. she has been drinking today as her bottle is abit emptier...

her tummy feels normal..

what should i do?

I could just be panicking over nothing...

x

Last edited:
Have you given her any veggies/herbs/yummy hay that she normally eats? See if its just that she didn't fancy her pellets?
Is she pooping and urinating ok? Does she seem alert and her normal self otherwise?

Shes not a particularly hyper bunny, she does seem sort of herself.

ive tried her with her nana which she loves and she won't touch it, i got come on her lips and she has licked that off.

im not sure if shes pooed as i cannot remember what poo was in the tray this morning.

ive got her downstairs with me, im panicking nick is at work...

i came in and she was asleep which i didn't think anything of... but im worried now incase she is poorly and i haven't noticed it, she is moving about though... be it just afew cms x

Stasis normally comes on slowly over a few days so can manifest in them being a little abnormal in behaviour. I would try giving her some tummy rubs and getting her to move about, Lexie was a bit 'off' this morning but has picked up again this evening.

The fact she is drinking is a good thing.

Shes just bin and dipped her nose in water.

I rang my vets, they have an out of hours advice, but with the symptoms i described they feel she iss poss off colour - they have said to take her in the morning if no better...

i just hope she is ok, i must admit, i gave her a tummy rub and a snuggle and she had an explore and has now sat down again...

x

Shes having a hop, then sitting for a min, then moving, then sitting...

Im going to sleep downstairs with her...

fingers 'd xxx

Im hopin so... she does keep moving... i don't know whether thats a good thing, even if shes not moving far, shes not constantly laid down...

x

They tend to hunch up and shift position regularly when they have tummy pain, usually in the same spot though as it hurts to move about.

They tend to hunch up and shift position regularly when they have tummy pain, usually in the same spot though as it hurts to move about.

she has been hopping about, shes not hunched up...

she just did a mini binky... moved and then sat down

shes a lazy bunny anyway maybe im reading to much into it...

but its the food issue thts worrying me...

she is moving every so often and then laying down

she just hopped over to me, then back over to where she was sat...

i was reading up earlier (poop obsession taking over) you can listen to thier tummies, can take a while apparently.. if silent theres trouble but if you hear water swishing noise then the guts are still moving... ill never get to try it tho Alvin would take off the side of my face...

on sunday, alvin was off food... i managed to get him to eat a blueberry and a small piece of spring greens... other than that he was not happy :( just as i was about to really panic he started eating hay but no poop... then he drank water it was a good 10 hours before he started pooing again... i did spend most of the day trying to catch the monster to get fluids in so i guess his was gas again :shock:

i think the fact hes such an anti human rabbit the thought of being picked up overrode the ill feeling... id say chase chase chase and then try offering her water and food... had alvin not pooped sunday night tho i would have been at the vets, the only reason i didnt go was cus he ate small amounts throughout the day not total stop like last time...

Its not reliable though as it will only be soundless in the dead of stasis not in the build up.

Caspian's tummy made audible nosies throughout his episodes (audible without a stethoscope). Rabbits with bloat are often very noisey too, due to the gas.

if it takes a few days to start how come we only get any idea when its possibly too late, silly bunnies hiding thier pain from us :(

what do people recommend i do this evening? i have infacol...

i have syringed some more water which she lapped up. whilst she is smelling her food she just isn't eating it...

x

Hope she's ok, know exactly what you are going through :? Sending lots of vibes for her and hoping that you are just being a paranoid loving bunny mummy ;)

Back