• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Metal Sheds

nannybonk

Warren Scout
Does anybody have a metal shed for their bunnies? Or know of any issues that might occur?

I have been looking on ebay and there were a couple of metal ones, just wondering whether they are worth thinking about for the bunnies.

Thanks in anticipation,
Hannah

I would think the heat would be a major problem with them. I dont know of anyone that uses them for buns though so dont know.

I guess that they'd be very cold in the winter, and like an oven in the summer.
Metal doesn't 'breathe' like wood, and is a conductor of heat, so I wouldn't think it would be suitable to house any living being:?

I guess that they'd be very cold in the winter, and like an oven in the summer.

Yup. I have used one before a wooden shed and thought it was rubbish. There were only 3 rabbits in it at the time but the condensation coming off was always a problem and the sides would be soaking. It didn't seem to be any warmer than outside and often it was stuffy. I had several bouts of colds among them. In summer it was like an oven, but then so is my wooden one. I don't like them in sheds in summer. They are out every day and then back in the evening because I worry of overheating. :cry:

They would be very cold in winter ans very warm in summer,i know this as i have one for the lawnmower etc...steer clear

Rick

I have a metal shed but it gets far too hot, we have to leave the door open sometimes as it's too hot. Wouldnt dream of having the bunnies in it they would cook lol

We were talking about these on a bird forum i go on and i would not touch them the heat they would kick off in the summer will be unbearable for a rabbit and birds for that fact

Like everyone said unbearable hot in the summer and freezing in the winter

Back