• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Health Insurance

josette

Warren Scout
Hi,
Ias i said in the introducing part, I am new here, and arrived from france.
I chat with my french vet before coming here, and he told me about the health insurance for bunnies. It's all brand new for me, as in france it's something... unthinkable (as having a bunny instead of a dog or a cat, though!)! He also told me that usually vets act like semi annual vaccination for myxo and vhd (I think that's it, nope?), and more complex vets act (X ray, teeth cuts...) are really expensive here.
So my questions are:
- what is the average price for one bunny vaccination (myxo and vhd) with the usual health inspection
- do you have an insurance for your bunny? if yes, which one and how does it costs, if no why (just short answer...)?

For me, vaccinated a bunny cost me less than 50 euros in a famous vet clinic really specif in small animals (too rare in france...), knowing that the consultation price is about 25 euros...(I used to go in a countryside vet too, which was really cheap, and rare! about 15 euros for one bunny with good care)
Thanks in advance, cec

Hiya and welcome to Rabbits United :)

Firstly yes yes and yes definitely get bunny vaccinated ours have cost so much this past 12 months that i dont know what i'd have done without the insurance!!! Theyre insured with pet plan and for the 2 of them its £16.02, for 1 it was about £9.

Think for the vaccinations we paid about £17-£20 quid for each vaccination

ow, yes, do not worry, I will surely get them vaccinated, as I still do... winter and summer!
Do you insurance take in charge all the vets act, or only from a certain costs (really sorry for my english, it is so hard at the end of the day!).
The price you paid is for one year or one month?
Thanks for your answer

For my bunnies both vaccinations cost about £17 each. So that's £32 odd for each bunny to have both vaccinations. They got a general check up included with that for no extra charge at my vets.

I don't have insurance for my bunnies as I believe the excess on most policies is too high so not worth it. I prefer to put the same amount of money away (£20 a month) in a savings account which I can access if any bills do arise without having to fill out claims forms and the like.

Hi!
thanks for your answer!
So it seems not so expensive for the usual treatement!
My bunnies not so often sick... may be firmin more fragile on respiratory side (he has a pasteurel for several month when a get him, and since, stress make it comes back...). No particular tooth problem or anything... but sometimes, it comes when you don't expect it! I ll think about it!
thanks!

Back