• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bored female bun

fairylegs

Young Bun
I have a brother and sister ( look like road side bunnys just plain brown and white ) and a female lop. All of them have been done and all live seperatley in their own hutches but play together in an enclosure around the 3 hutches 8ft by 8ft . The female lop and the brother bun have bonded really well but the sister bun is left out and looks lonely ( there is no fighting between them at all and they have lived like this since i rescued them, they are all about 6 months old ish )
Do u think she needs a mate of her own as the last couple of days she's been lookin a bit lonely and stayin on her own .
Thanks Lisa xx

It may well perk her up to have a companion to live with. If you contact a reputable rescue they will help you bond them.

Can you bond all three of them?

It might help the bond develop between the left out one and the others

I wood say they are all bonded they just don't sleep together at nite wen I put them away in their hutches. It looks like she has just gone shy and prefers to be on her own . Wen we move they will all sleep together in the bunny barn ( shed ) so no seperate hutches. Although I will keep the hutches incase we do rescue another bun for her to pair up wiv.
Sorry I neva said wot their names were so here goes lol
Female Lop is called Honey
Brother and sister are called Jasper and Jasmine
Thanks you all
Lisa xx

Thanks for ur replies :)
There is no chance wen we move that I can put all 3 buns together now as the girls are fighting :( So now they have a partition in their run to keep them apart . Jasper now lives wiv Honey in her hutch so am going to rehouse them both in the shed wen we move ( in a couple of weeks woo hooo )
Jasmine will need a hubby now and I have seen a neutered male bunny called James at the Blue Cross who is the same age and very cute but I was wondering now if it mite be better to wait till we move then look again at the rescues in St Neots ?
Does anyone know the names of rescues in St Neots just for bunnies ?
Thanks again
lisa xx

Back