• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vetbed - indestructable??

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
I thought the selling point of Vetbed was that it was dig, tear and bite proof? I bought some lovely soft vetbed a while ago now and its really been doing great. Beatrix naturally loves to dig as a girlie bun. Luckily she does it in the litter tray and was doing it in the middle of the vetbed fleece (as I put it underneath their toy castle).

Now she has taken up destroying it from the sides and its starting to work!:shock: There is a big hole on the side and lots of little bits of vetbed on the carpet. Shes got thru the fluffy stuff and the hard green backing!! :shock::lol: Relieved its that and not my carpet!

Have you had a similar experience? Is this supposed to happen?

On a serious side, a few of my fleecy bits I have in the bottom of my pet carriers have been nibbled.

Dig, tear and biteproof? I don't think such a thing exists.. apart from metal! :lol: I loved the 'chewproof' snugglesafe green extendable tunnel I bought.. which was so destroyed within an hour or two I threw it out! I wrote a complaint but they never got back to me :lol:

Dig, tear and biteproof? I don't think such a thing exists.. apart from metal! :lol: I loved the 'chewproof' snugglesafe green extendable tunnel I bought.. which was so destroyed within an hour or two I threw it out! I wrote a complaint but they never got back to me :lol:

Oh heavens I had that toy too. It lasted a while before they started chomping the tunnel bits and then as it was plastic I had to chuck it as was worried the bitten jagged bits would hurt them running thru it!! They obviously don't use Rabbits as toy testers!! Now that would make a nice change, letting them play with toys for testing instead of all the other evil things...

I have one small piece that I gave to Bob.... it now looks like a very holey lace curtain from the back! I've folded it in half and use it in the bottom of his pet carrier now, for his many trips to the vet!

It's mainly aimed at dogs (and cats) though, and is meant to be 'chew proof' because it lays flat (unlike cushions/blankets which fold/wrinkle up and therefore provided something for the dog to get its teeth into)

Back