• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bob needs Anti Foot Flinging Vibes

Doncat5

Mama Doe
My poor Bobob has a broken toe..... :( I discovered it at the weekend when trimming his nails... I knew he'd been a bit quieter than usual but was eating, drinking, pooing and moving fine so wasnt overly worried. His back far right 'little' toe is at right angles and a bit swollen. It was obviously broken at the tip so I rang the emergency vet, gave him Metacam and had a feeble attempt at bandaging it into the correct position, it was useless. He shook his foot and kicked like a looney til it flew off, twice.

I had him bandaged properly at the vets yesterday and have some pet bandage in the hopes I can keep changing it every 3 days and keep it on long enough for it to heal straight.... worse case scenario he may lose his toe, but I'd like a few weeks trying to save it first.

I broke my right little toe some years back and know the poor boy must be in agony, and now he has the added humiliation and annoyance of having to wear a purple bandage. Anti foot flinging vibes and get well soon vibes greatly appreciated. :(

Not a happy bunny!

Bobsfoot002.jpg

Bobsfoot003.jpg

Last edited:
Aww - poor boy. You need to convince him that it's the latest in bunny fashion & that soon all his bunny friends will want one :lol::lol:

awww bob you poor lad. you must be in pain. be a good boy for your mummy and keep the bandage on...i know its purple:oops: but go with it:D

BOB, Nia asked me to tell you that she thinks the blue foot accessory is extremely attractive and gives you a definite air of "i'm a hard man, me! Look at my injury!!", so stop the foot flinging immediately!!:lol::lol:

BOB, Nia asked me to tell you that she thinks the blue foot accessory is extremely attractive and gives you a definite air of "i'm a hard man, me! Look at my injury!!", so stop the foot flinging immediately!!:lol::lol:

:lol:

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
AWw poor baby boy!! Sending lots of healing vibes. My Darcy broke the tip of his back foot toe a while ago. He had painkiller and antbx as the nail bed had got caught on something (which is how we think he had a tiny fracture) and he got an infection in there. He didn't have a bandage on it tho as I had to be put creams on infection. He is all better now and the toe is nice and straight:D

AWw poor baby boy!! Sending lots of healing vibes. My Darcy broke the tip of his back foot toe a while ago. He had painkiller and antbx as the nail bed had got caught on something (which is how we think he had a tiny fracture) and he got an infection in there. He didn't have a bandage on it tho as I had to be put creams on infection. He is all better now and the toe is nice and straight:D

So its not a rareity then... thanks for the reassurance.

I've cut the hair away so I can keep an eye on the skin but its seems fine at the mo, .... I have a feeling I'm in for a struggle tho when I try to rebandage!!:shock:

He's so annoyed he's even been sitting in the cat tunnel he's had for weeks and never bothered with before!

Awww bless him! You have my full empathy with the bandaging. I doubt I'd have been able to get it on Darcy on my own. I had enough of a fight just getting the painkiller into him and the cream on his paw!!

He's still being a grump, but I think the bandage is more annoying than the toe! The bandage is still on tho, but not exactly where it was and is showing signs of light chewing lol......I'm preparing myself for an interesting evening, seeing if I can pin him down long enough to re-wrap.

I'm preparing myself for an interesting evening, seeing if I can pin him down long enough to re-wrap.

Good luck!

Tell Bob he looks very fetching and not to show it off too much else all your other buns will be wanting one!! :lol: Hope he's soon on the mend x

:love: im sure he gets more handsome evrytime i see him!!

ehem but am i alone in making a right pigs ear out of bandaging bunny feet or cat feet come to that!:oops::lol:

good ole cohesive bandage...seems a wonderful idea..just sticks to itself...and it really does doesnt it!! it welds itself so gods help you if have to retry:shock::lol:

aww how fetching..tell him the colour is so fetching on him.

all you can do is confine him to a smaller and smaler space.....and hell still sulk like bandit did when he sprained hos two outer toes on his front paw in december!

hope he gets better soon hun....i should show bif his piccy..hes a black version of darling passed oscar...she might just have to have him donna:lol:

Back