• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OAP bunnies

minirex

Mama Doe
:wave: I have seen a 8-9 year old spayed female bunny at Greenwich Rabbit Rescue that I have fallen in love with.:) I really want to take her home but have no experience with an older bunny. My 3 are 1 year and under.
I don't think she has any medical problems. Do older bunnies need any special care? :? She has only got one ear! Would she be okay with one of my younger buns?

Hi minirex:wave:why not speak to Val (greenwich rabbit rescue) I am sure she will be able to set your mind at rest as to any problems that may occur with homing an older bunny:)
I have several OAP bunnies (my oldest Rolo is 14) the thing that i have noticed is that they slow down with age so you have to be careful not to overfeed them as they get FAT:oops::lol:which is not good apart from that they act the same as my younger ones:)
I am sure that if you decide to give this bunny a home you will be more than rewarded by having her:)

I think its GREAT:D that you would like to adopt this bun!!

Older buns often get overlooked in rescues and they are so lovely. My oldest is only 9 but I recently 'added in' to his grouping two relative babies (12 week head tilt bun, and 4 month bun) after the sad death of his other companions (not at the same time).
It livened him up and cheered him up no end - so I think the mix of older and younger is fine.

go for it

I didn't know her age when I saw her pic. She just looks so grumpy and sad compaired to the other buns and I fell in love:) I like the odd looking buns, and she has only got one ear!

Back