• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues !!:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Hi all :wave:

I hope all you Rescues are coping as best you can with the never ending influx of Rabbits in Need. You all do a fantastic job and sometimes I am sure you must wonder why you bother when there are still people who think its OK to breed Rabbits endlessly, to buy a Rabbit on a whim or to 'want rid' when a more 'fashionable' pet comes along

I just wanted to give you all a special 'big up' as I am all to well aware of how despondent many of you are feeling at the moment :cry:
Dont give up folks and keep the faith. Despite the muppets of this world ( and omg are there some BIG ones :roll:) good will ALWAYS prevail. The selfish people who insist on adding to a problem *might* see the light one day......................

Big hugs and Bunny Snuggles from my lot!!

Jane and The Buns xx :wave:

yeah I do live in hope that breeders may one day realise they could acheive far more by putting their considerable skills with rabbits into running a proper rescue, instead of bringing more rabbits into the world - it could happen! :D

I think you do a fantastic job as well x x I know the world is a better place with people who work so tirelessly for bunnies x x

Here here!! I'm hoping I've managed to talk at least a couple of people into getting a rescue bun rather than one from a pet shop.

Thank you Jane :wave:

ARC currently have over 30 rabbits waiting to come in :( I am doing my best to do the pairings up to get them bonded and out to their new homes.

Thank you Jane :wave:

ARC currently have over 30 rabbits waiting to come in :( I am doing my best to do the pairings up to get them bonded and out to their new homes.

Yes, I know ARC are full to bursting and with that Garden Centre getting its 'Easter Stock' in :roll: :evil: things are unlikely to quieten down any time soon :cry:

Sadly I know that some people are just too 'burnt out' to continue with their Rescue work :cry:
I dont know if the fact that people KNOW the problem of too many Rabbits yet still choose to contribute to the problem makes me more sad than angry.
The selfishness of the human knows no bounds..............

Janex

Thank you:D If I am totally honest in the 7 years of rescuing I think this is the worst time I have ever known with a waiting list now of 18 rabbits waiting to come in.

Very, very well put Jane. Hear hear.

Yes the number of rescues around here is dropping again.

Big up to all the people who are keeping going. You can and do make a difference, a bit at a time...

The thing that bugs me is the breeders thinking it doesn't do any harm if they keep the babies themselves or already have homes lined up for them when all these homes could take a rescue bun instead and help free up places for the bunnies living in misery or facing death :(

Well done to all the rescues, keep up the good work! :D

Thanks Jane, it's very much appreciated, as you know we are at an all time low here, the last two big rescues we did have really knocked the stuffing out of us, no thanks to the RSPCA who failed yet again :roll: and left us to clear up their mess and breeders who are adding daily to the problem and then coming on the forum to rub our noses in it, it's all getting too much to bear.

And before anyone reprimands me for making inappropriate comments ask yourself how many rabbits you have rescued out of some of the most dire situations imaginable, live rabbits living with dead corpses as bedding, being one situation, nursed back to health ending up with a vet bill last year of over £12,000, and you wonder why we are angry

Sorry for the rant

Thanks Jane, it's very much appreciated, as you know we are at an all time low here, the last two big rescues we did have really knocked the stuffing out of us, no thanks to the RSPCA who failed yet again :roll: and left us to clear up their mess and breeders who are adding daily to the problem and then coming on the forum to rub our noses in it, it's all getting too much to bear.

And before anyone reprimands me for making inappropriate comments ask yourself how many rabbits you have rescued out of some of the most dire situations imaginable, live rabbits living with dead corpses as bedding, being one situation, nursed back to health ending up with a vet bill last year of over £12,000, and you wonder why we are angry

Sorry for the rant

Well said Theo.

Janex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back