• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I could long term "foster" guinea pigs...long one!!!

toffee

Mama Doe
I hope Rik doesn't read this!!

I would like to have guinea pigs again but I don't have a cage. I have space in my bunny room for a cage for 2 piggies. If anyone needs 2 piggies "fostering" (in the way that Jane "fosters" rabbits) then I would like to take them if someone can give me a cage. I have cash for treatments of my babies but I think Rik would really tell me off if I bought a cage. It would be much better if I was doing a "favour" for someone!!!

P.S. Piggies don't wheek during the night as I recall... Is that right? Because Rik's an insomniac and if they farted after midnight he would wake up!!!!

P.P.S. He likes me being involved in a good cause... we're both hippies really... so if I was to say it was for the good of animalkind he would probably be ok with that!!

P.P.P.S. This is actually really selfish - I just want some piggies without being told off!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.P.P.P.S If any piggies are needing homes then post on the rabbits in need bit as well discussing their "desperate" plight so it looks more legit!!!!

Has Rik not yet reached the point where he has just given up trying to reason with you? Phil quit a loooong time ago :lol:

HaHa!!!

ATM Rik is mad at Oliver because he's a wuss and will stamp during the night at nothing!!! I'm sure wallace knows that rik can't sleep and so she pinches oli so he'll stamp to wake him up!!!!

As I recall from having piggies in the past, they only really wheek when they think they're going to be fed!! My girls used to be able to hear a fridge door open a mile away!!!!!

It bugs me when rik complains about oli though, there must be something there, it's just that we can't see! Rik just thinks he's an annoyance.

I've started doing gentle talks with oli at bed
time to see if I can calm him so he won't stamp. And I've had to put thick curtains up so he can't see outside.

P.S. Piggies don't wheek during the night as I recall... Is that right? Because Rik's an insomniac and if they farted after midnight he would wake up!!!!

When we had piggies, some would remain fairly quiet, but most would chitter chatter and wheek throughout the night. We had our guinneas outside and they still kept us up with the wheeking despite being quite a distance away and double glazing!:lol:

Get him ear plugs...

Mine chatter and wheek to each other at various times throughout the night, they wake me up sometimes and I'm usually a deep sleeper!!:D

Same with my 2, I'm convinced they see my reflection in the patio door and think I am going out to them at times and they set off wheeking - I caught Caramel on his hind legs the other day front feet on the door positively looking around the water bottle for me as I went past the patio door. Nothing gets past him.:lol: His hutch is next to Muffin and Mollys too and you should hear the racket from him and George whilst I am feeding the buns as if to say "Oy over here".

Back