• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I did it! Honeybunny's Half Marathon

Flick

Alpha Buck
£58 RAISED for Honeybunnies - And the winner is Capel! Well done :D
I completed it in 2 hours 25 minutes 18 seconds

For the official results and a couple of pictures see:

http://www.stuweb.co.uk/swp/Default.asp?a=2&e=214

How long will it take me to run my first half marathon on 5th July?

I am going to do my first half marathon on 5th July (rescheduled as I was ill for the May 11th run) and would like to use this as an opportunities to raise some money to help Honeybunny's Rescue.

So my idea is that for a donation of £5 per guess how long it will take me to run my first half marathon (pm Jill for details of where to send your cheques).

I've put together a bunny related prize for the winner who guesses the closest time and will post it out to them the week after the race.

Meanwhile, Polly and Sybil are keeping an eye on me and making sure I go out and get training!

Tips: New Course is fairly flat, along canal tow paths - if you wish to change your guess in light of this one being flat rather than undulating like the original one please let me know - and I'm quite slow! :eek:ops
When I'm training it varies from 10.30 minute mile pace when I'm doing well to more like 12+ minute miles (probably when I'm having a bit of a walk here and there! )
However I seem to pick up a bit in races and managed my longest race so far was 7 miles in 1 hour 8 minutes and 42 seconds!

THANK YOU :D

Last edited:
Count me in - will have to be at end of month - payday:oops: Have more month than money at the moment:oops:

Sue x

Last edited:
wow how exciting!

I'll definately have a go but will have to be in a couple of weeks after payday!

I'LL BE BACK ;)

i ran a half marathon last sunday! i know how hard it is so i will def. donate. keep up the training:) let me know where to send the cheque

i ran a half marathon last sunday! i know how hard it is so i will def. donate. keep up the training:) let me know where to send the cheque

:wave:
Thanks. Hope your run went well.
Please pm honeybunny for details of where to send your cheque and post an estimated time for my run so you have a chance of winning the prize!

Can you pm me please of details etc - I'd LOVE TO HELP RAISE MONEY FOR JILL :wave:

Amanda x

Thank you :D

Please send your cheque directly to Jill - pm honeybunny directly for the details of where to send it.

Also, don't forget to post an estimated time for my run so you have a chance of winning the prize ;)

Well done - i reckon Jill will starting her own running club soon! Put me down for a fiver - do i guess now or is it a secret PMed guess? I'm not sure what time to say - all runners seem to like saying they're slow! I know a guy who did the Leicester Half when i did and complained about his 1:27! (I was chuffed to finish 15 minutes later!) Where's your race?

Rich

Well done - i reckon Jill will starting her own running club soon! Put me down for a fiver - do i guess now or is it a secret PMed guess? I'm not sure what time to say - all runners seem to like saying they're slow! I know a guy who did the Leicester Half when i did and complained about his 1:27! (I was chuffed to finish 15 minutes later!) Where's your race?

Rich

Hi Kirsty & Rich :wave:

Thank you for joining in :D

I thought people could just post their guesses on the thread as then you can see what times have already been guessed and pick different ones.

If I'm giving clues I'd better post them on here too so everyone can see!

Well I am properly slow, always at the back of the slow group in the running club :lol:

When I'm training it varies from 10.30 minute mile pace when I'm doing well to more like 12+ minute miles (probably when I'm having a bit of a walk here and there! :lol:)

However I seem to pick up a bit in races and managed my longest race so far was 7 miles in 1 hour 8 minutes and 42 seconds!

The half marathon I'm doing is the one in Hinckley, the Dog and Hedgehog Half Marathon!

And at the moment I am ill so not going to be training this week :oops:

OK - i'm gonna start the ball rolling with a 2 Hrs 5 mins. Don't let me down!!:D
I always run faster in races - it's all that nervous energy! Which running club are you with?

Rich

Afraid i'm a loner when it comes to running! More of a cyclist at the moment - just joined Hinckley. Trying to keep doing some running though, as i'm toying with doing my first marathon later in the year.:shock: I'll see what state i'm in after i've done a few bike races first!

A marathon, that's impressive! Good luck if you decide to do it, and with the bike races. Are they road races?

A half marathon looks plenty long enough for me!

I go out on my mountain bike a bit now and again, but only easy stuff, and I've not been out on it for a while...

I'm going to guess 3 hours on the nose! :lol: I have no idea how far a half marathon is or how long it normally takes... :oops::D

Thank you! :D

It's 13 miles, - although if the weather is hot/bad or I'm not feeling on form it could take me 3 hours! ;)

If I am struggling for any reason, my aim is to still get around, even if I have to walk it! :lol:

PS - I've got the first few items to start making up the prize!!! :)

Last edited:
Back