• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny with hurt leg

Star Bunnies

Young Bun
The other day when I was taking my bunny out of his hutch to give him a run around something spooked him and he jumped out of my arms.I think he must have landed a bit oddly and hurt his leg.He doesn't want to but weight on it but it isn't broken.I think he must have sprained a muscle or ripped a tendon or something. I was wondering if anyone knew something to help him feel better?
:rabbit2:

has he seen a vet?? sorry i can't advise anything other than speaking to your vet about pain relief. was an xray taken to make sure it isn't broken??

The other day when I was taking my bunny out of his hutch to give him a run around something spooked him and he jumped out of my arms.I think he must have landed a bit oddly and hurt his leg.He doesn't want to but weight on it but it isn't broken.I think he must have sprained a muscle or ripped a tendon or something. I was wondering if anyone knew something to help him feel better?
:rabbit2:

Your Rabbit needs to be seen by a Vet. Even if the leg is not broken your Rabbit is obviously in pain and so will need analgesia

Janex

You have to see a vet and ask for pain relief.

My Inky sprained his front paw at Christmas (re-sprained it a few weeks ago :roll:) and until we were put on Metacam, it did not improve at all.

When you have pain relief, try to keep him on one level, so that his foot has a chance to heal.

Back