• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Might Be a new Foster Mum

Brennan

Alpha Buck
I have just got a response from a rescue centre in Edenbridge - Last Chance Rescue - they are about an hour away - they are sending me an application pack :thumb:

What do you think they will want to know?
Also will I need to look out for extra cages?

I have been thinking about this a lot - I have quite a big garden so I would have space for a fair few - it's just the cages etc

Do foster homes need to have as much space as your own buns? I mean I can't really bond them with my forever buns can i?

Sorry for all the questions

i foster for the rapca and they provide all the hutches etc. they pay for everthing from injections to food:D

I have fosterers and i supply everything for the bunnines set up, hutches, vet care and all the basics
Each month they have to submit a claim form for their food, hay, and veg. This is then reimbursed to them.

I would be very suprised if you were expected to supply your own hutches etc

Well I think it very much depends on the rescue and the exact arrangement. Some fosterers (myself included) like to provide their own hutches, partly because I've then got a hutch for my own use if I need it at any time, and partly because it saves the rescue buying me one! Every arrangement is different so just have a chat with them about their expectations and see where you go from there :)

Fostering is very rewarding - but be prepared for how hard it is when you have to let them go!

The rescue/s that I foster for pay for vets fees.

I pay for food and bedding. I tend to bulk buy for my own 8 rabbits anyway, so a couple of extra mouths to feed hardly costs anything.

The rescue *may* supply housing, but independent rescues often don't have a van or vehicle large enough to transport a decent sized hutch.

Amy

I know I am going to be awful at letting them go BUT I suppose I have to focus on the bigger picture - helping all the buns I can - it's quite exciting but nerve racking at the same time

I just thought that with the summer coming up and not working at the moment I should give something.... I am lucky I can do this - I have my house, and my smelly partner to help - anyone wanna foster him actually :lol:

Yes I think it will be nice to help others, I was talking to O/H about it as I was saying how long I can offer my services, I was thinking till Sept when I go back to Uni full time, he seems to think I wont ever stop once I have started :roll: think he might be right

Back