• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits on Boats?

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
We have had an inquiry from someone to adopt a bun..but they live on The Isle of Man..which would mean a 2 hour boat trip
I don't mind buns travelling to a forever home..depending on bun of course...but not sure about a boat????

anyone have experience of this?....help......

I should think it will be absolutely fine, just need to check that the ferry operator accepts animals on board, if not they might have to charter one or use a light aircraft instead!

I think they would be fine. The ferry ride is only a few hours. They just need to make sure the bunnies don't overheat, but they are probably allowed to take the bunnies out of the car and onto the passenger decks.

It's more than 2 hours- more like 4-5, and then you have to arrive one hour before the ferry departs.

That's unless they get the sea cat, but you can't get cars on that.

It's more than 2 hours- more like 4-5, and then you have to arrive one hour before the ferry departs.

That's unless they get the sea cat, but you can't get cars on that.
Yeah the sea cat would be good if they allow them onboard.

I've often wondered about bunnys and boats being a bit of a sailor. Many people take dogs and cats on boats with no problem. However they can like human get sick if kept inside, rathen than outside in fresh air where they can see the horizon. I know bunnys can't be sick but I imagine they could feel seasick like us.

In a good crossing on the normal ferry there should be no problem except for the lengthy trip. In a bad crossing, if not on the seacat, I imagine it could be pretty uncomfortable for them (the sea cat is usually a smoother ride but as people said, doesn't take cars)

Amythest took her small furries over to spain on the ferry and I don't think she said she had any problems.

i dont think the boat its self would be a problem...it would be the length of journey that might be the problem :? especialy if there was no chance of a break out of the carrier :?

Back