• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jimmys new playhouse convertion!!!!!

Jimmy's mum

Young Bun
hi all....

I have recently joined the forum and i have enjoyed reading about all of the different types of housing you have for your buns. we have made jimmy a new house this week so i thought i would share it with you guys.

It is a 4ft x 4ft childrens playhouse we have converted into a rabbit house with small run.

These are the pictures of putting it together this weekend, i will add more pics tomoro of the inside when its finished... (jimmy has hired a interior designer, lol)
first stage, floor and walls + jimmys first floor!!

DSCN0060.jpg

HPIM0147.jpg

HPIM0151.jpg

HPIM0152.jpg

jimmy having a sneek preview!!!

HPIM0153.jpg

HPIM0154.jpg

this is jimmys new feeding system! essentially it is a built in drawer which holds his food bowl, which means i can feed him in the morning when im half asleep without opening his house up and probably banging my head and stubing my toe, lol. his water is also mounted on the outside of the house.

HPIM0155.jpg

HPIM0156.jpg

we have put the perspex in the windows and door for now, but as weather gets warmer we intend to replace it with mesh pannels we already have cut to size.

we decided not to fit a cat flap but to make our sliding door which can be closed securely at night.

his run is accessed by one opening panel on the top. we are going to paint all the wood the same colour so it all matches.

more pics tomorrow of the interior and jimmy moving in.... thanks for looking hope you like it any more ideas welcome......

your set up looks really good. well done. its looks like you've put a lot of effort into it!:D im sure your bunny will love it

we enjoyed building the house that much we we're thinking we might do another one and sell it on ebay!!! lol.... :D

its really satisfying, and it would be nice to think that another bun can enjoy the house like mine will. :D

xx

we enjoyed building the house that much we we're thinking we might do another one and sell it on ebay!!! lol.... :D

its really satisfying, and it would be nice to think that another bun can enjoy the house like mine will. :D

xx

Omg Lol. I ave just moved my buns into a playhouse, if I'd have waited, I would've bought the one off ebay...

Lol.

Mine is simalar to yours but is 5ftx5ft and hasnt got the raised bit...

Have you considered doing more of these? You could make a mint. ;)

You certainly could!
That is some house!...It would look really quite good in my house......if you wanted more testers......!
Well done though, looks like a lot of heart and soul went into that, now, where is my dratted DH, he needs to see these piccies!!!;)

thank you for your comments, :D yeah we had thought we might do another one and see how it sells.... we really enjoyed making it and thinking of ideas... if you could add anything to this bunny house wat would it be??? im stuck for anymore ideas!!! :D:D

i wouldnt add anything to the house itself because it is great but you may need a sock or something to cover the water bottle to prevent freezing. just an idea tho:D i think the house is very lovely:D

i wouldnt add anything to the house itself because it is great but you may need a sock or something to cover the water bottle to prevent freezing. just an idea tho:D i think the house is very lovely:D

yeah good idea i will make a thermal sock for it, at the moment its t-shirt weather in south wales but all could change (it always does, lol) joys of living in the uk. lol.

xx

very ingenious.....do you have a slide out litter/bedding tray as well? I know chicken runs often have one.

very ingenious.....do you have a slide out litter/bedding tray as well? I know chicken runs often have one.

yeah i have made it so that i can pull the litter tray out with ease from the front by attaching the corner litter tray to a large piece of ply with a hadle, this also stops jimmy from moving his litter tray about and tipping it ova. lol, the hole would have been to big to pull it from the outside like the bowl tray... lol. so decided to do it this way instead..

Back