• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Luca and Toni - my valentine's Axies

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
Introducing Luca and Toni - a valentines gift from o/h :lol:
I've wanted axolotls for years now, but never really come across them... a few weeks ago o/h's uni sent round an email saying that there were loads of male axies free to a good home - excess males from the genetics department... we picked these 2 lads up on friday.

Luca and Toni
2008_0210faye10006.jpg

Luca
2008_0210faye10010.jpg

Toni
2008_0210faye10012.jpg

Luca
2008_0210faye10015.jpg

they have the most wonderful smiles! :D:lol:

They are really interesting! How on earth do you look after them? They look like the ona on Nick Baker's weird creatures. Are they a type of slamander?

Were they named after the football player? They are amazing creatures. Maizy and I recently saw one in Kew Gardens. There may be some on tomorrow's "Life in Cold Blood", too. Gotta watch that!

Wow theyre funny looking things arnt they, but kinda cute! Is that a REW?? :lol:

:wave:

they say "thankyou!" :lol:
Luca's colour is called 'leucistic' - it's not technically albino, as he does actually have black eyes :D

They are really interesting! How on earth do you look after them? They look like the ona on Nick Baker's weird creatures. Are they a type of slamander?

yep - they're a backwards step in evolution - they're salamanders that spend their whole life in the larval stage :D
fairly easy to look after - clean, cold water and a couple of trout pellets a day :D

Were they named after the football player? They are amazing creatures. Maizy and I recently saw one in Kew Gardens. There may be some on tomorrow's "Life in Cold Blood", too. Gotta watch that!

yes - they are named after the footballer! :oops::lol:
can't wait for tomorrow's episode...

Oh my they are scary looking :lol: id be freaked out, look very weird,lovely though, their mouths are so cute! :love:x xxx

they're fab!
Did you know if they lose a limb they can grow it back!!! honest! they are the only creature that can do this and alot of research is being done into this.
I work in a tropical fish shop and we have had youngsters come to us with feet and whole legs missing and i have seen them grow back, it's quite freaky but also amazing to see!

Back