• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Children Bored Pets pics added pg 1

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
We've had 3 does in tonight..pics tomorrow when I've worked out how to use my new camera:oops:..
and guess what....
they were bought, one for each child, just under 1 year ago....the children got "fed up" with them within 3 months and the parents have carried on until they've come in..
When i asked the eldest child..approx. 12-13 years old..the rabbits names he replied "we haven't bothered to name them yet...."...YET:censored:

and to top it all the parents promised me they would "give a good donation towards your costs"..well I got the famous sealed envelope...with a fiver in it....well that just about covered my petrol to pick them up..:censored:

so now have to find funds to spey and vac 3 overweight girlies..
2 of them are black dutch and now have been named by me..Lydia and Looby

Lydiaa.jpg

Loobya.jpg

and the REW nethie x is now called Felicity...
Felicitya.jpg

Blo**y people:censored::censored:
and as a side note anyone want to guess which pet shop they were bought from??????

Last edited:
:shock: They have had them a year and not even named them :evil: What is wrong with people!! And a fiver!! What do they excect that to cover? A bag of bloody rabbit food! Stupid people :?

hi

That is disgusting i have two kids but neither would be allowed arabbit of there home we have family rabbits and me and his father take control of feeding cleaning vet care for the bunnies.Most improtanly we take control and educate the kids that rabbits or come to think of it any animal are not throw away toys when you get fed up and thy are hard work as well as rewarding.How can anyone be so horrid then give you a measly fiver disgusting

crazy.sofor the past year those poor bunnies have propably just been called a rabbit.:evil:my kids adore thumper but i am his sole carer and always will be no matter wat.they help me feed him and clean him out in their on way but i dont expect them to care for him properly.x

that is absolutely terrible x i named Mopsy in the first 5 minutes when i got her xx glad they are safe with you now though :D

The thing about a name for a pet is...I know most animals never learn their names..and don't understand names..so don'tcare if they have one or not..
but it's a sign of how they are seen by the owner...humans like to name things..so if you don't bother it shows where that pet is in your priorities..

sad..they are nice bunnies too

Me too. I named Drake and Josh as soon as I saw what they were like, and what they looked like...

Totally heartless people:censored:

I'm glad they have the chance to find a proper home now with someone who can be bothered to name them!

I just cant get over these people, getting the buns, taking them home, and calling them 'rabbit'...

I cant imagine going out to my buns and calling them rabbit.
Like, 'Come on Rabbit... come and have a cuddle Rabbit!'

Its cruel and nasty:censored::censored::censored:

I'm glad you've got them now too. I'm sure I've seen a rescue saying that for non-urgent cases you have to pay x amount of money for them to take your pet. Mind you i guess that would put people off and encourage dumping.

Have you ever had a decent donation from someone giving up a rabbit?

thats so sad :( i feel that if you don't name an animal you effectively devalue it to the level of any other inanimate object like a tv or furniture and that in turn leads you to feel less respect towards it. and as for a fiver for three rabbits...that is more of an insult than anything. can you imagine the level of care they were providing if they thought a fiver would keep three buns alive? :shock::shock:

the only happy thing about this is that now these poor bunnies will have a chance at a decent life.

I'm glad you've got them now too. I'm sure I've seen a rescue saying that for non-urgent cases you have to pay x amount of money for them to take your pet. Mind you i guess that would put people off and encourage dumping.

Have you ever had a decent donation from someone giving up a rabbit?

yes but it's rare..usually people say "oh i've forgotten my purse..we'll sedn you something"..in all the time i've been doing this only 2 people have ever sent something

The sealed envelope is normal..when theyare embarressed and know it's not much..you rarely get more than a fiver in one..but then that it better than nothing.
I've never set a minimum as that..as you say..would mean more are dumped..and usually it's the ones that come with no donation that really need to come in..

this is so depressing. when they took on the pet, they must've known they would have to pay its expenses - food, vets etc. So now they're getting rid, how come they suddenly haven't got a penny?! :shock: Even when I'm adopting an animal from a shelter I try to give abit extra than the minimum donation. :?

At least they will have a good home now.

I would never buy a pet for a child,Rosie,Norman and Beatrix are my rabbits,but people think they belong to my sons.They show no interest in them.When a friend asked my youngest son what their names were he didnt know.Kids are rarely interested in animals for long.The parents have to be prepared to take responsibility before purchasing the pet.Did the parents buy one for each child?I think that is terrible.
I hope you find wonderful homes and wonderful owners for them,you do a wonderful job

Jackie x

Ahhhh the classic story and the famous sealed envelope! Its laughable but really not funny. :censored::evil:

I'm struggling to guess which pet shop they came from though, might need a clue, NOT!

I hear the bored kids thing all the time too. Is it any wonder we get so mad so much of the time. It's not getting any better, it's just getting worse :censored:

How terrible :(

Any pictures of the bunny called Felicity yet, I want to see what the bunny with the same name as me looks like! :wave:

Back