• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yesterday I Was a Poorly Boblet..........

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Hello, Little Bill Boblet here :wave:

I just had to tell you about the tummy ache I had yesterday :cry: It was really horrid :cry: But worse still Jane started to stick needles in me !! :shock:
She kept saying how she had to do so to make me better but I am not convinced :? How can being used as a pin cushion make a Boblet better :?

Well, after lots of these attacks with a needle, having Camomile and Spearmint Tea syringed into my gob and being put in a strange room to 'make me hop about...... (WHY :? :roll:) I decided I had better get better cos tbh I was getting a bit naffed off with it all :roll:

I produced a lovely squishy brown poo and as if by magic my tummy ache went :thumb: Bad news is I cant have anymore Alfalfa and soft straw chaff :cry: Apparently it was the molasses in it that did for my guts :roll:

Anyways, here I am this evening :D

Picture2058.jpg

Lots of Love

Little Bill Boblet xx :wave:

Last edited:
Fascinated by the 'needles' and the tea -

Are we talking acupuncture here? I would be really interested to hear more as my vet has just trained in acupuncture but i did not know you could use it with stomach problems:

also do you feel the tea helps? If so I will use it next time we have a problem. Any hints about strength etc?

Fascinated by the 'needles' and the tea -

Are we talking acupuncture here? I would be really interested to hear more as my vet has just trained in acupuncture but i did not know you could use it with stomach problems:

also do you feel the tea helps? If so I will use it next time we have a problem. Any hints about strength etc?

The 'needles' were used to administer Metoclopromide and Metacam as prescribed by our Vet!!
Our Vet does accupunture too!

Yes, I have found Camomile and Spearmint tea to be *very* hepful for Buns withy tummy ache. I use the Twinnings Tea Bags and administer it luke warm. 10ml/Kg every hour.
I also use Blackberry and Nettle and Raspberry and Echinachea tea bags also made by Twinnings

Janex :)

Awwwww, Precious Little Bill!!!!! I am SO sorry to hear that you have been feeling poorly......but VERY happy to hear that you are feeling better now!!!! LOADS of cuddles and nose rubs to you!!!!! xxxxx :love: :love:

goodness me herbal tea bags, whatever next :lol:
Actually it makes a lot of sense because they'd have access to that in the wild. Not in tea form though obviously.

I'm so glad Little Bill is better. :D

What do you use the fruit ones for - tummy ache again or other ailments?
Sorry for the interrogation - we liketo learn ;)

Some Buns dont like the Camomile and Spearmint but prefer the fruit flavours :)
Its really just a means of getting fluids into the Buns guts to rehydrate the gut contents making it easier for it to pass through

Janex

Ah

do you think camomile has a calming effect on buns in the same way as it does on humans?

Well I believe it does. Certainly Dermot, who has a terminal condition :cry: benefits greatly from a warm drink of Camomile and Spearmint Tea when he is feeling poorly.

I am a great believer in any complimentry treatment that will do no harm and *might* just do some good.

Well I believe it does. Certainly Dermot, who has a terminal condition :cry: benefits greatly from a warm drink of Camomile and Spearmint Tea when he is feeling poorly.

I am a great believer in any complimentry treatment that will do no harm and *might* just do some good.

Excellent, thankyou :) I have always wondered about whether herbal teas were ok for buns and what effect they might have....but somehow never got round to posting a thread to ask. Ta :)

Back