• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

8 Kits Born THIS MORNING........

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
.........and already up for sale on Preloved!! :shock:

OK, seller says they cant go for 8 weeks but honestly advertising them before they are a day old :roll:

Janex

That's a bit risky, what if they don't make it.

I suppose it's better finding homes they can go to now rather than risk not being able to sort out homes in 8 weeks time and being over run by little bunnies.

That's a bit risky, what if they don't make it.

I suppose it's better finding homes they can go to now rather than risk not being able to sort out homes in 8 weeks time and being over run by little bunnies.

I just find it sad to think those little lives are already being seen as a commodity :cry:

Janex

Is he advertising them as cute easter bunnies too?? I saw that easter bunnies are being advertised on ad trader :evil:

Why oh why can't their be more compassionate people out there who don't see rabbits as money making machines!:evil::evil::evil:

Theres some dodgy breeder started up over here and if you look at the Belfast gumtree ads it would make your blood boil!:evil: Cheapest rabbits in belfast, perfect for kids!:evil::evil::evil:

I don't see how it makes a difference if they are being sold anyway. If you know that you need homes by 8-10 weeks then the sooner you advertise the better. In fact advertising early could be a good thing. If they still want them in 2 months time then at least you know it's not a passing fad.

Tamsin

I don't see how it makes a difference if they are being sold anyway. If you know that you need homes by 8-10 weeks then the sooner you advertise the better. In fact advertising early could be a good thing. If they still want them in 2 months time then at least you know it's not a passing fad.

Tamsin

I cant and never will see Rabbits as something to make money on.
Perhaps I am just odd.
Some people put more than monetary value on the life of an animal.

Janex

I wouldn't breed to make money either but if people do I don't see a difference between advertising a day old to advertising at 8 weeks old - that's all I'm saying :)

I wouldn't breed to make money either but if people do I don't see a difference between advertising a day old to advertising at 8 weeks old - that's all I'm saying :)

I know, but what I am saying is if 8 kits were born here this morning the last thing I'd be thinking of doing would be advertising them for sale this afternoon. I am speaking from the *emotional* not the practical. Yes, advertising early might be a good idea but less than 24 hours after birth is a tad extreme IMO

Janex

I think its very cold.... they have only just come into the world and are all cuddled up together and already their lives are up for auction :roll:

I guess theres 2 sides to it, very practical to look ahead for homes, but very lacking in emotion.... and for anyone that might be interested, whats the point in looking at them now, they dont look anything like they will in 8 weeks, and theyve had no chance for a personality to develop, they may not even survive....but maybe they dont care, a rabbit is just a rabbit to most......:(

If I had an accidental litter (although thats a physical impossibility) I know I would be advertising for good homes ASAP. That way I could make sure that the homes they would be going to were good and also hope that the 8 week gap would encourage any impulse buyers away. If you ignore the breeding aspect, its a sensible way to do it.

If I had an accidental litter (although thats a physical impossibility) I know I would be advertising for good homes ASAP. That way I could make sure that the homes they would be going to were good and also hope that the 8 week gap would encourage any impulse buyers away. If you ignore the breeding aspect, its a sensible way to do it.

Of course it's a physical impossibility...you're not a rabbit :D!

Neil

I have a litter of six bunnies after the doe I was boarding gave birth after being with me for 18 days. I posted them on here and on RR three days later to give me long enough to find decent homes. I certainly wouldn't take money for them nor do I think i've been 'heartless' for advertising them so young. It takes a long time in my experience to find half decent homes and I don't want these babies to go to just anyone. They aren't technically my rabbits but I also feel responsible for them. It's been three weeks now and I have had not one response. It worries me that in five weeks time they may still be with me and I can't manage with them as well as my own rabbits, yet I refuse to advertise them in free ads such as the adtrader because that does not give me the opportunity to vet homes as such....also I know that people are not genuine.

Back