• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vetbed

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
Hi All:wave::wave:

I have just read another thread and there is piccies of a Buns Hutch with a vetbed on the floor instead of straw/hay/woodshavings.

My buns live in a plahouse, and their floor is covered in Lino, Woodshavings and Hay... They seem to push this allover though....

Would they be ok with vetbed all over the floor?

It is 5ftx5ft?

Where could I get it?

Yeah would be fine, although they might screw it up. Do they need anything other than lino on the floor? Obv still hay to eat, but can they just have boxes filled with warm bedding for the cold times? Check Ebay for vet bed, although profleece is similar & cheaper :thumb: X

I was just coming to ask the same question! My house bun has woodshavings on the floor of his cage (which is actually a wooden hutch, meant to be outside!). I'm thinking about using vet bed/profleece instead. He's hardly ever in his hutch. He only goes in there to eat and drink.

He does have one of those rabbit bed things too (which is in washing machine at mo!) like this -
rabbitbed.jpg

Last edited:
I was just coming to ask the same question! My house bun has woodshavings on the floor of his cage (which is actually a wooden hutch, meant to be outside!). I'm thinking about using vet bed/profleece instead. He's hardly ever in his hutch. He only goes in there to eat and drink.

He does have one of those rabbit bed things too (which is in washing machine at mo!) like this -
rabbitbed.jpg

I would love my buns to have one of those beds in their hutch, but they would pee in it cos they are a pair of mucky buns!!! :lol::lol:

I would love my buns to have one of those beds in their hutch, but they would pee in it cos they are a pair of mucky buns!!! :lol::lol:

Luckily Barney's litter trained, although he's going off to be bonded with a girl bun tonight....I hope he stays litter trained! :roll: :)

Thats what I was looking at: I am going to cover half of the playhouse in Vetbed, Then leave the rest in Lino. They then have their bed (which is a plastic dog kennel)...

It will be a lot better for them!

ok thanks! I might have a look next time I'm there. I think I'll get profleece in the mean time...I don't want to put sawdust back in Barney's hutch so will get this for now!

I think its a case of try it and see. From what I've read on here, vetbed/profleece is a bit like marmite - some buns love it, some (inc mine) hate it! I only got the dog bed because they made their feelings about vetbed very clear :roll:

Back