• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Knitted Bunnies - Jumper colours on last page -

Brennan

Alpha Buck
After visiting the rescue home yesterday I just feel like I should do more to help bunnies - well because I can :(

I have a garden, a house, a willing partner type person, and I have time

How can I do more to help buns in need?

Last edited:
*Foster
*Fundraise
*Home Check
*Help with cleaning out
*Make a donation/sponsor a rabbit
*Help with vet trips

Thats the thing I would love to help with fostering, how do I find local rabbit centres - the nearest I found are quite far.....

Home checks - defo and runs etc how do I advertise my services, and other stuff like basically raising my profile to help locally etc

How about thinking of fund raising ideas? Run a competition or something? My sister fosters for Eve occasionally and she live in Wisbech!

yeah I could raise money - I make all sorts of things which I am happy to auction off for centres

I guess distance isn't the worst problem in the world I just feel like I would want to help locally if that makes sense

Easiest way is linking with your local rescues and finding what they need. It depends on the rescue how close you need to be to foster. Some like you close enough to use their vet and others you can use your own.

Homechecking can be helpful to and you don't necessarily need to be very close for that it can help to have people in different areas.

Tam

I have looked online and none are 'local' all are about an hour plus away in Kent & Essex etc

there is one RSPCA centre 'locally' but it is more for cats and dogs so not much luck really

Last edited:
I foster for Sooz and I live over an hour away! :D

Thats good to know - I mean I have a car so it's no biggie, it just makes sense to be close ish

I have contacted a couple of centres to offer my services - if anyone else knows of someone on here who is sort of near Kent (not too far) I would willingly get in touch with them so I will see what they say

I have decided to go and 'make some stuff' and then offer it for sale - it's just finding someone to raise money for - everyone is so deserving and I would rather stay local but if that cannot happen - anything is better than nothing

Any suggestions - I knit so I was thinking of knitted buns - of course - but nice quality ones, I also scrapbook and make albums like this http://carlyworrell.typepad.com/photos/mixed_media_spain_album/index.html so I have talents on offer :lol:

Thats good to know - I mean I have a car so it's no biggie, it just makes sense to be close ish

I have contacted a couple of centres to offer my services - if anyone else knows of someone on here who is sort of near Kent (not too far) I would willingly get in touch with them so I will see what they say

I have decided to go and 'make some stuff' and then offer it for sale - it's just finding someone to raise money for - everyone is so deserving and I would rather stay local but if that cannot happen - anything is better than nothing

Any suggestions - I knit so I was thinking of knitted buns - of course - but nice quality ones, I also scrapbook and make albums like this http://carlyworrell.typepad.com/photos/mixed_media_spain_album/index.html so I have talents on offer :lol:

Ooo I would like a knitted bun!

Excellent ideas! There are no local rescues here and I don't have the room or money to set one up, but I adore fostering for Sooz and only today received a lovely update on the last 2 buns I fostered who have now been rehomed. Its fantastic. Ofcourse the hard part is letting them go, but you know that by doing that you are opening up space for more bunnies to flow through your doors and go on to find fantastic forever homes!

awww I am glad people would like the knitted buns :) I will have to get making :)

every penny will count wont it x x

I couldn't foster a bun, I was talking about this with my sister as I feel the same. I would love to do more, but I could never let my foster buns leave :p

Knitted buns sound so lovely? Got any photos of any? *imagines they'd make great gifts for her cousins and self*

Back