PDA

View Full Version : Mo's Fight To Get Better-U/D 20th March-We Have Lost Her :-(

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jack's-Jane
10-02-2008, 09:16 AM
I thought I would start another thread for Mo so as I can edit the thread title if needs be. The origional thread was started by Theo and can be seen here

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=116240

Mo is still struggling :cry: Despite heavy duty analgesia she is still getting break-through pain :cry: Her hock is swelling up more, indicating active infection :cry: Mo is due her next Depocillin injection tomorrow. However, I am going to ask Christabel if we can switch to daily Ceporex. I really dont think the Depocillin every 3 days is enough. And if given more frequently Mo's guts may be adversely effected. But to be honest I think we are in the last chance saloon now :cry:

Mo is still eating, but only little amounts. She is doing a few poos but het guts are understandably very sluggish. Another concern I have is Mo's front paws are getting sore :cry:No-where near as bad as her hocks, but any soreness on her front feet is the last thing she needs :cry:

Please keep the vibes coming. I so want to be able to help Mo but at the moment things are not looking good.

:cry::cry:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Jan-bun/Rabbits2/Picture2057.jpg

Janexm

willowthewysp
10-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Come on Mo....don't give up my beautiful bunny.
There are so many people behind you little girl:love:

Jane..her foot swelling up is very worrying. This is a new thing and doesn't sound good at all, esp. as you say it indicates active infection.:(

I know you are doing everything you can for her and it is very much appreciated as im sure you know.

I know i was giving Mo an injection of abx every 3 days and it didn't seem to help..would that be the same one?

I will see you later today Jane.
xx

Snowy
10-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Loads of prayers being said for Mo and loads of healing vibes as well, keep fighting Mo we are all behind you xx

Jack's-Jane
10-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Come on Mo....don't give up my beautiful bunny.
There are so many people behind you little girl:love:

Jane..her foot swelling up is very worrying. This is a new thing and doesn't sound good at all, esp. as you say it indicates active infection.:(

I know you are doing everything you can for her and it is very much appreciated as im sure you know.

I know i was giving Mo an injection of abx every 3 days and it didn't seem to help..would that be the same one?

I will see you later today Jane.
xx

The Vet you saw did not forward all of Mo's notes, only those up to 19th October 2007 :?
It sounds as though it *might* have been Depocillin that you were giving. Was it a thickish white liquid?

Me and Christabel will continue to do our best to try to help Mo. But I think we have to prepare ourselves for a sad outcome :cry:
Mo has just eaten some greens and some apple and I will start giving her sub-cut fluids today as she is not drinking. With all the drugs going into her her kidneys need some help.

We will see you later

Janex

elve
10-02-2008, 10:23 AM
awww poor girl :( If only culture tests didn't take a week :roll: I hestitate to mention it again (stuck record syndrome :oops:) but metronidazole works on anaerobic bacteria and Maa only needed a week's course - it didn't upset her tum at all in that time either. Hope she fights it - I guess all the upheaval's stressed her too - if only she knew it was for her own good! :(

bunny babe
10-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Mo sounds like a real fighter, I do hope that the abx work and that she does improve.

I am sending ALL my get well vibes to this lovely girl.

Willow - whatever happens you have done the right thing. I pray it is a good outcome.

Jane and Christobel - what more can I say, "Saints".

willowthewysp
10-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Jane....it was a greenish/yellowish liquid i gave her via injection.
We will be leaving in about 15 minutes, so will see you soon:wave:

Jack's-Jane
10-02-2008, 10:53 AM
awww poor girl :( If only culture tests didn't take a week :roll: I hestitate to mention it again (stuck record syndrome :oops:) but metronidazole works on anaerobic bacteria and Maa only needed a week's course - it didn't upset her tum at all in that time either. Hope she fights it - I guess all the upheaval's stressed her too - if only she knew it was for her own good! :(

A swab would not really help as Mo has been on abx already :?
Metronidazole will zap anaerobes but I think there's a lot more than anaerobic bacteria involved here :?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh why cant I just wave a magic wand and make her better :cry:

Janex

elve
10-02-2008, 11:00 AM
you can safely combine metronidazole with baytril, if that's any use - no idea about using it with stonger antibiotics though.

ailz
10-02-2008, 11:37 AM
C'mon Mo - just do your best with Jane & Christabel you've got the best of the best of care.

Healing vibes on their way to you.

Jack's-Jane you are a hero and a star - yet again you've come up trumps for a rabbit in need.

Fairy13
10-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Oh Poor Mo. Sending loads of vibes from us here.
Hoping and praying for you gorgeous girl, keep fighting x x x

Isabel
10-02-2008, 12:20 PM
c'mon Mo you are such a brave girl xxx

MarleyMoo
10-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Sending lots of vibes to Mo

Vic x

Ab & Stu
10-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Sending loads of healing vibes!!! x x

Happy Hopping
10-02-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't think I am telling you anything that you don't already knows, but here's a ref. from that ebook I want to give it to you, the one that crashes your computer:

"Lesions start as erythematous decubital ulcers that become infected, usually w/ S. aureus, from contamined bedding. Infected ulcers develop into abscesses covered w/ raised, dry, hyperkeratotic, fibrotic scabs. Infection can spread to underlying bone, causing osteomyelitis and sepsis.

For treatment of pododermatitis, submit samples of abscessed tissue for bacterial culture and sensitivity testing and take radiographs of the legs to check for osteomyelitis. Clean wounds w/ antiseptics, debride necrotic tissue and bandage area daily w/ light dressings, such as Tegaderm (3M medical-surgical division) to protect weight-bearing surfaces of the feet.

Topical antibiotics, such as silver sulfadiazine (Silvadene Cream 1%, from Monarch Pharmaceuticals) and systemic antibiotics, selected based on results of culture and sensitivity testing, usually are warranted. Provide solid cage floors and clean soft, dry bedding. Debride and flush abscessed tissue, and consider packing severe abscesses w/ AIPMMA beads. Modify the diet of obese rabbits to increase fiber and lower carbohydrates, and encourage exercise. Unilteral pododermatitis unresponsive to treatment may require amputation at midfemur"

Vanessa.B
10-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Am hoping and praying that Mo starts to respond to the treatment.

Vanessa xx

bunbuns
10-02-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm hoping and praying that Mo wins this fight.

Sending tonnes of vibes xxx

angeleyes
10-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Sending lots of vibes for Mo xx

Deelove
10-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Come on Mo! Really hoping for the best here. :cry:

Jack-Bun
10-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Millions of vibes for Mo! xx
Come on little on, you can do it! xxxx

Kirsty&Lola
10-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Come on Mo, you've been such a brave girl. Keep fighting sweetheart. We are sending you loads of vibes

Amy & Amber
10-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Dont give up yet Mo, :cry:
Its not the end yet :D

willowthewysp
10-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Awww, you lot!
Im sure all the healing vibes are doing good!
I have just come back from collecting rudolph, so of course i had to see my Mo!:love:
Yes, she is very poorly, but she did look well, all things considered. And she is certainly being very well cared for:)

It was lovely to meet you Jane...to put a face to such a wonder woman!
You are a very special lady and are certainly more than devoted to the bunnies in your care.
Thankyou so much for your continued effort in getting Mo better...she couldn't be in a better place at the moment.

It has made me feel better now i have one of my buns back home with me and im sure he will be on later to thank you Jane!(as he can use the computer himself;))

But, i gotta say....how on earth can you live with those planes flying about!!!I was a nervous wreck by the time we got past heathrow!!!!:shock:

Jack's-Jane
10-02-2008, 04:09 PM
But, i gotta say....how on earth can you live with those planes flying about!!!I was a nervous wreck by the time we got past heathrow!!!!:shock:

I try not to think about it too much. I used to work in Air Traffic Control :shock: :rolleyes:

Janex :wave:

catswhiskas
10-02-2008, 04:12 PM
I cannot believe that I have only just caught up with all this. I am speechless don't know what to say. Sending tons of healing vibes for Mo.... I am so thrilled there somewhere out there people can restore your faith in human nature. Me and the buns are mustering all our heling vibes and sending them Mo's way..... xxxxxx

Doncat5
10-02-2008, 04:48 PM
I've got eveything crossed for Mo.... it doesnt fair that shes going through this, bless her. Well done Jane. :wave:

Jack's-Jane
10-02-2008, 05:11 PM
I spoke with Christabel earlier today as I was concerned that we might be treating Mo with the same abx as the previous Vet. It had not helped then so I doubt it would now. However, Willow brought the details of the abx she had been given for Mo and it turns out not to have been Depocillin. So Christabel is happy to continue with Depocillin every TWO days for another week. If Mo shows little or no improvement we will change her on to daily Ceporex. But Christabel seems convinced that its Depocillin that is the most likely abx to help Mo.

In herself Mo seems more comfortable this afternoon. She has been for a 'hop' about in a sling I have devised. I put a towel under her belly to support her weight and hold her hind legs off the ground. Mo then goes walk-about on her front legs. She has quite a turn of speed once she gets going :shock:

Janex

catswhiskas
10-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Awwww bless her

NickieM
10-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Sending loads and loads of vibes to Mo. You are such a brave bunny. Keep fighting.

Thank you Jane for being such a wonderful person and helping.

cannonwoman
10-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Jane , you truly are a star with all you are doing:D

So glad Mo is still fighting & sending continuous vibes...................

Thinking of you too Willow...............

Su.x

bunny mad lisa
10-02-2008, 06:33 PM
just caught up with this! Jane you are wonderful for helping Mo and i do hope she pulls through, she certainly deserves it!

Pringle
10-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Puts such a big smile on my face:D xx

Wilbur
10-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Everything crossed for Mo. XX

carasblanco
10-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Come on Mo, you're such a brave girl! Sending lots more love & healing vibes x

willowthewysp
11-02-2008, 12:54 AM
Big hugs to my gorgeous Mo.
night night sweetheart:love:
Keep fighting girl..there are so many people behind you.
xx

parsnipbun
11-02-2008, 01:41 AM
Be strong Mo - we are ALL rooting for you!! You must be a very famous bun now, as well as a very beautiful one.

thistle
11-02-2008, 03:53 AM
I can just imagine Mo running around the room, with Jane running along behind her, bent double, supporting her back legs in the sling! Would love to see a photo of that:lol:

Come on Mo you can do it! You have the whole of RU behind you, all willing you on!

Still sending lots of vibes to you, keep fighting sweetheart.

Jack's-Jane
11-02-2008, 08:39 AM
Mo has eaten quite well overnight and there are a lot more poos too :)
We are off to see Christabel at 0930hrs so I will update you all later

willowthewysp
11-02-2008, 09:02 AM
Huge big hugs and nose rubs Mo:love:
Im thinking of you constantly.
xxx

donnamt
11-02-2008, 09:48 AM
good luck mo xxxxxxxx hopefully its a good vet day today

bunnymadhouse
11-02-2008, 10:12 AM
only just caught this ...:(

i do hope Mo gets better .

come on beautiful girl .

karen354
11-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Good luck with Mo at the vets today :D

Amy & Amber
11-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Good luck at the vets Mo x

March Hare
11-02-2008, 11:30 AM
GOOD LUCK AT THE VET, BEAUTIFUL MO !!!!!:D :D :D

((((((((((VIBES)))))))))))

parsnipbun
11-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Good luck at the vets:wave:

Kirsty&Lola
11-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Good Luck today Mo.You're such a brave girl:D

suzy_d
11-02-2008, 12:00 PM
good luck little mo :wave:

Ab & Stu
11-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Good luck beautiful Mo. We'll be thinking of you and sending loads of vibes!! x x

Gem
11-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Good luck Mo

Any news yet??

Jack's-Jane
11-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Mo was a very brave girl at the Vets. Christabel says that there has been some *improvement* in her hocks. She had to clear out a bit of pus from the worst one, but no-where near as much as was present last week. Also, this time the hock bled indicating *healthy tissue*

Christabel says we still have a very long way to go and at anytime things could go badly wrong. But she says she is more optomistic than she was on Friday. Christabel did keep emphasising how we are in no way out of the woods yet and its important we all remember that. But Christabel says there is real hope that Mo can get better :)

Mo is now on Depocillin every other day, Vetergesic twice a day, Metacam once a day plus Flamazine Cream applied to the hocks twice a day. Mo will see Christabel every other day for the forseeable future as Christabel wants to monitor her very closely.

Please keep the vibes coming for big brave Mo :D

Janex

Gem
11-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Thats fantastic :D:wave:

Pringle
11-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Mo was a very brave girl at the Vets. Christabel says that there has been some *improvement* in her hocks. She had to clear out a bit of pus from the worst one, but no-where near as much as was present last week. Also, this time the hock bled indicating *healthy tissue*

Christabel says we still have a very long way to go and at anytime things could go badly wrong. But she says she is more optomistic than she was on Friday. Christabel did keep emphasising how we are in no way out of the woods yet and its important we all remember that. But Christabel says there is real hope that Mo can get better :)

Mo is now on Depocillin every other day, Vetergesic twice a day, Metacam once a day plus Flamazine Cream applied to the hocks twice a day. Mo will see Christabel every other day for the forseeable future as Christabel wants to monitor her very closely.

Please keep the vibes coming for big brave Mo :D

Janex

Thats brilliant news, atleat we have some hope :D! sending lots of vibes and another massive welldone Jane xxx

honeybunny
11-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Keeping fingers and toes crossed for this bun x

Doncat5
11-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Thats great news, hang on in there Mo!:wave:

Kirsty&Lola
11-02-2008, 12:59 PM
thats great news that there is optimism. Well done for being a brave girl Mo! we are still going to keep everything crossed that you keep improving:D

cannonwoman
11-02-2008, 01:00 PM
I still have everything crossed for mo & am still sending vibes.................

Su.x

Fairy13
11-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Aw Yay!! :D Come on Mo keep it up!!
Well done jane!
Still sending vibes x

Becca6
11-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Sending loads and loads of vibes to Mo and hugs to Jane for all you're doing.

Deelove
11-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Great news for Mo! :D:D I hope she continues to improve.

parsnipbun
11-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Fantastic!!!! Brilliant!!!

Just to add a small element here of practicality . . . . Is Mo insured??? Or do we need to try and add a 'whip round' into this discussion as I am sure Christobel will need paying!

10p a post or something? So each of us that is 'hooked' on this wonderful heart warming saga and who keep logging in for the next 'instalment' pays as we view!!

Amy & Amber
Thats good news, esp if the hock is bleeding instead of pus as I guess this means the infection is clearing up? x

raine
Fantastic news Jane.

willowthewysp
11-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Oh, that is wonderful news!
I understand she has a long way to go, but she is heading in the right direction.

Parsnipbun..no Mo is unfortunatley not insured! I wish to god i had thought of insuring her!
Thankyou forthe offer of a whip round:love: But she is my bunny and therefore my resposibility...i couldn't let everyone else pay for her treatment. You are all doing enough by sending Mo your healing vibes and love:)

bunnylicious
11-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Sending loads of positive thoughts for Mo and all you wonderfull people trying to help her out.
I keep reading this thread and I well up each time I do, So many people pulling together to help................... Speechless.

bunny mad lisa
11-02-2008, 03:45 PM
that has cheered me up this morning! such great news and i hope she continues to well, what brave bunny, keep up the good work Jane!

Vanessa.B
11-02-2008, 04:17 PM
It is so good to hear that Christobel feels there is an improvement!

Keep going Mo - masses of vibes are coming your way.

Vanessa xx

ailz
11-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Keep it up Mo - perhaps the Easter Goddess Oestre - who is also Goddess of Bunnies will add to the vibes.

Healthy, happy hocks vibes for Mo (+ plenty of healthy, happy energy vibes for Jane as well :) )

elve
11-02-2008, 05:52 PM
awww I'm so glad she's improving! :D lots of love and best wishes to her!

BinkyBun
11-02-2008, 06:11 PM
This is wonderful news!!:bunny: Come on Mo keep fighting just think of all those lovely cuddles with Mummy and Rudolph when you're better!! I think maybe Mo is picking up some bunny willpower and strength from Bobby and Jane's other rabbits...:D Jane you're a star and Christabell seriously need to be training future vets! x

Jack's-Jane
11-02-2008, 06:44 PM
This is wonderful news!!:bunny: Come on Mo keep fighting just think of all those lovely cuddles with Mummy and Rudolph when you're better!! I think maybe Mo is picking up some bunny willpower and strength from Bobby and Jane's other rabbits...:D Jane you're a star and Christabell seriously need to be training future vets! x

I dont think Christabel has enough hours in her day as it is at the moment!! She has just taken over the Twickenham Practice and its all systems go for the new premises. She was working on the new place all weekend and was there again before her clinic this morning.
Crikey, I cant remember having that much energy even when I was as young as she is. Actually, come to think of it I cant remember being that young at all!! :rolleyes:

NickieM
11-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Glad to hear some good news. Hope it keeps up and Mo is off home soon fully healed. More ((((((((VIBES)))))))) on the way.

Jack's-Jane
11-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Willow, I thought you might like to see another piccie of your big brave girl :D
She seems more comfortable today and is being so good at keeping herself clean. She has devised a method of lying on her side to get to her caecotrophs and even cleans herself up after having a wee (which she has to do whilst lying down.)

She has had some carrot and celery salad tonight aswell as some hay. I can certainly understand why you love her so much, she's a sweetheart :love:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Jan-bun/Rabbits2/Picture2059.jpg

Janex

Pringle
11-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Aww she is beautiful, enjoying the luxery :rolleyes::lol:xx

karen354
11-02-2008, 08:43 PM
She's such a lovely girl :love::love: I'm so pleased she seems to be doing well..

BB Mommy
11-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Big Mo looks quite content there!
Still keeping everything crossed here for a good outcome:D

bunny babe
11-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Ah, it is good to hear that Christobel is more optomistic this week. STill sending loads of vibes to this lovely girl for a good recovery.

parsnipbun
11-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the latest 'installment' Jane:
when I had my wonderful Florence who had a hind leg amputation, she kept herself spotlessly clean for year including eating all her caecatrophs by the same 'sideways' method. Aren't bunnies wonderful!!

Snowy
11-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Willow, I thought you might like to see another piccie of your big brave girl :D
She seems more comfortable today and is being so good at keeping herself clean. She has devised a method of lying on her side to get to her caecotrophs and even cleans herself up after having a wee (which she has to do whilst lying down.)

She has had some carrot and celery salad tonight aswell as some hay. I can certainly understand why you love her so much, she's a sweetheart :love:

Janex

Jane!!! repeat after me "I am only fostering this bunny":lol::lol::lol:

willowthewysp
11-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Jane!!! repeat after me "I am only fostering this bunny":lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

Thankyou Jane:love: that piccie is just so gorgeous!
You are right...she is a real sweetheart and you cannot help but love her!...Even the dratted DH who claims to not be a bunny lover has a soft spot for her(he would never admit it though...but i know he has!)
It is so good to hear she is managing to keep her self clean now...as before, probably due to the lack of pain relief, she wasn't able to clean herself and would have to have me bath her.
I have said it a million times and i will continue saying it, you are wonderful!
Thankyou so much for everything you are doing..i really am in awe of you!
Huge big hugs for Mo mo, i am constantly thinking ofher and miss her so much!
In fact, big hugs to all the bunnies in your care(esp. that gorgeous Inspector Morse)
xx

Jack's-Jane
11-02-2008, 11:54 PM

Thankyou Jane:love: that piccie is just so gorgeous!
You are right...she is a real sweetheart and you cannot help but love her!...Even the dratted DH who claims to not be a bunny lover has a soft spot for her(he would never admit it though...but i know he has!)
It is so good to hear she is managing to keep her self clean now...as before, probably due to the lack of pain relief, she wasn't able to clean herself and would have to have me bath her.
I have said it a million times and i will continue saying it, you are wonderful!
Thankyou so much for everything you are doing..i really am in awe of you!
Huge big hugs for Mo mo, i am constantly thinking ofher and miss her so much!
In fact, big hugs to all the bunnies in your care(esp. that gorgeous Inspector Morse)
xx

Mo has just had her strong pain killer ( methinks she'll need to be joining Amy Winehouse in rehab' after all this :rolleyes:) and I have put her Flamazine Cream on her hocks. After that Mo gets a slice of Apple, she does LOVE her apple doesn't she!! :lol:

Mo says 'night, night Mummy' :wave:

Janex

willowthewysp
12-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Apple? Yes...that has got to be one of her faves!

Night night Mo...rest easy sweetheart!
xx

Pringle
12-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Mo has just had her strong pain killer ( methinks she'll need to be joining Amy Winehouse in rehab' after all this :rolleyes:) :

Janex

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Star Bunnies
12-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Come on Mo!

I know this might not help or you may have already heard it somewhere else but pineapple juice is supposed to fight infection.I heard it from my vet when my bunny was ill.

Get well soon Mo,wishing you well!

SOAD
12-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Aww sending Mo vibes.

willowthewysp
12-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Hoping Mo had a good night.
Miss you loads Mo:love:

Jack's-Jane
12-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Hoping Mo had a good night.
Miss you loads Mo:love:

Mo is doing OK :)
I cant see any more pus in her worst hock and it *appears* to be less swollen. We still have a long way to go but me and Christabel are more optomistic than we were on Friday.
Mo managed to do a wee whilst standing up just now :D
Then she had some important carrot munching to do :rolleyes:

sparklefairy
12-02-2008, 12:12 PM
awwww poor Mo sounds like she's been through a lot. I hope she will continue to get better. well done Jane for taking such good care of her :D xxx

drpengie
12-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Aww hope mo continues to improve <<<<vibes>>>>. Jane you are marvellous helping her like this.

Big kisses xxxxx

KateB
12-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Aww - mega big ((((((((((vibes))))))))) for Mo and her hocks, and worry-free vibes for Jane & Willow.
Good to hear Mo's got her carrot munching priorities right :lol:

willowthewysp
12-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Jane,,,thats brilliant news..and really positive too.
I know she is far from 100%, but she is moving in the right direction. And that is thanks to the care and nursing you have put in....i owe you a lot more than the vet bill!
xx

Snowy
12-02-2008, 01:13 PM
This is such good news although, as Jane says, there is an awful long way to go but this news is very positive.

Keep going Mo, we are still praying for you xx

Ida
12-02-2008, 01:47 PM
((((((((((((((((((((((vibes for your mo))))))))))))))))))))))

parsnipbun
12-02-2008, 01:56 PM
wow ' a standing wee' . . . wish I could do these:oops::D;)

BinkyBun
12-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Fab news!:D Come on Mo keep fighting! xx

cannonwoman
12-02-2008, 04:53 PM
I`m so pleased Mo is showing signs of improvement:D

Sending vibes her improvement continues......................................

Su.x

Lea-Anne
12-02-2008, 08:27 PM
I am following her closely. Wish her well xxx :D:D:D

Lyssa
12-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Here's hoping she carries on doing so well!!! :D

willowthewysp
12-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Hey Mo:)
Just letting you know im thinking of you..my gorgeous girl.
Rudolph sends his love(thats when the little blighter aint eating my walls!!:rolleyes:)
Hugs and kisses xx

bunbuns
12-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Keep going Mo!

We're all behind you xxx

redd1800
13-02-2008, 12:34 AM
lots of good vibes!!!!! :wave:

poor mo is so brave - and she's coping so well!!!

keep up the info

Jack's-Jane
13-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Mo will be seeing Christabel this morning. Mo's hock appears to be giving her more pain again :cry: It does not seem to be as swollen but I can see some more pus

I'll update you all when we get back from Christabel's

Janex

elve
13-02-2008, 09:38 AM
awwww poor Mo :(

bunnylicious
13-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Come on Mo Get better!!!!!!

Vanessa.B
13-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Good luck at Christabel's.

Vanessa xx

willowthewysp
13-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Oh No!
This is what it has been like for the last few months...it looks like its getting better, then it goes downhill again:(

Hugs to my Mo:love:

Jack's-Jane
13-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Christabel has cleaned out the pus from Mo's hock again. Christabel says she thinks the pus is coming from superficial tissue, the deep tissue is bleeding which is a good sign.

However, Depocillin on alternate days does not appear to be enough so Mo will now have daily Depocillin. Obviously this increases the risk of gut problems but I will be giving her Questran to try to minimise the risk. Christabel has also advised upping Mo's pain relief again. She will see Mo again on Friday morning.

We are certainly not out of the woods yet

Janex

willowthewysp
13-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Thankyou Jane for keeping me..all of us up to date.:)

sdf76
13-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Sending <<good vibes>> for MO-Sue:)

Ab & Stu
13-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Sending loads of vibes to Mo!

catswhiskas
13-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Sending more vibes for Mo xxxxxxx

Deelove
13-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Come on Mo! This must be very hard for you Willowthewysp. :-(

BinkyBun
13-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Come on Mo keep fighting that infection! xxx

willowthewysp
13-02-2008, 06:08 PM
I gotta thank you all again for the love and healing vibes you are all sending:)
It makes a huge differance...to me and im sure it has to be helping Mo too.
xx

Fairy13
13-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Sending loads more vibes to Mo x x x

willowthewysp
14-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Hoping Mo is ok this morning?
xx

Jack's-Jane
14-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Hoping Mo is ok this morning?
xx

Hi Willow :D

Mo is still quite sore :cry: I am going to speak with Christabel this morning as I have had another idea re Mo's treatment that I am wondering if Christabel may think appropriate to try. I'll update you after I have discussed it with her.

Mo is eating but I am concerned about her discomfort despite strong analgesia :cry:

Janex

shazbat11
14-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Come on Mo, keep strong for your Mummy. Sending mega healing vibes for you.

Jane, just wanted to say your an absolute star and keep up the fantastic work your doing with Mo and all your bunnies :thumb:

willowthewysp
14-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Thankyou Jane.
I must admit,this is starting to get hard!

cannonwoman
14-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Come on Mo, keep fighting................

Still sending continuous vibes & thinking of you Willow & Jane, you`re a star!

Suu.x

karen354
14-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Vibes for Mo again this morning...

Hugs for Willow and Jane must be so hard for you..

Happy Hopping
14-02-2008, 12:58 PM
How old is Mo again?

Vanessa.B
14-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Still sending loads of vibes for Mo.

Keep fighting gorgeous bun.
Vanessa xx

willowthewysp
14-02-2008, 03:58 PM
How old is Mo again?

She is only 18 months old:( So she is still young, bless her.

Amy & Amber
14-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Come on Mo, I so want you to get better girlie. xxx

willowthewysp
14-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Amy..is that Amber then? In your siggie?:love:

Jack's-Jane
14-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Me and Christabel have had a bit of a rethink about Mo's treatment. Instead of Depocillin every 24 hours she will have it every 36 hours. I was just rather twitchy about giving her daily Depocillin. I asked Christabel about administering Baytril directly into the abscess. But Christabel was concerned re 'Baytril Burn' which can happen to anyBun as a result of a Baytril Injection.
My next thought is Tiacil directly into the abscess. I am waiting for Christabel to get back to me on that one.

When I flushed Mo's abscess this morning there was only a tiny spot of pus. But there is still the necrotic core of the abscess in situ. Christabel hopes to get that out tomorrow. Surprisingly Mo seems more comfortable after the abscess flush. Odd really as hardly anything came out.

Anyways, I just took a couple more piccies. I am sure Willow will be pleased to see her big girlie!!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Jan-bun/Rabbits2/Picture2073.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Jan-bun/Rabbits2/Picture2078.jpg

Janex

elve
14-02-2008, 05:15 PM
awww she's beautiful - hope she continues to improve :D

Amy & Amber
14-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Amy..is that Amber then? In your siggie?:love:

Yes thats Amber and the Tim! I have two foster giants at the minute to called Mayo and Branston! They are beautiful :D

willowthewysp
14-02-2008, 05:18 PM
I just love giants!

Jane...thank you so much for the piccies:love: they mean the world to me as i miss her SO much!:(

Jack's-Jane
14-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Jane...thank you so much for the piccies:love: they mean the world to me as i miss her SO much!:(

You are welcome :)

Mo had a hobble about to have a look at some more Buns this afternoon. I am trying to get her to use her hind legs a little as I want to try to maintain some muscle tone in her back end. She has definately been more comfortable this afternoon which I am relieved to see.

We are seeing Christabel tomorrow morning and I will update you again afterwards

Janex

bunny mad lisa
14-02-2008, 08:51 PM
I used tiacil in Joons facial abscess on the recomendation of Frances harcourt brown. It didn't seem to cause any problems.
Heaing vibes to MO!!!

Jack's-Jane
14-02-2008, 08:51 PM
I used tiacil in Joons facial abscess on the recomendation of Frances harcourt brown. It didn't seem to cause any problems.
Heaing vibes to MO!!!

That's really helpful to know Lisa, thank you :)

Janex

Jack's-Jane
14-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Christabel is happy for me to apply Tiacil directly into Mo's abscess :)
We will beat the :censored: infection!!

Janex

The Duchess
14-02-2008, 10:23 PM
You are wonderful Jane to take so much care over this lovely girl. Sending you both loads of good wishes.

MarleyMoo
14-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Even more vibes on their way to Mo!

Vic x

Vikki*and*the*buns
14-02-2008, 11:22 PM
I've been following this thread, so heres my <<<<<<<<<vibes>>>>>>>>> for mo:)

willowthewysp
14-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Thankyou again Jane:)
And thankyou again to everyone for their vibes:)

karen354
14-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Lots and lots of vibes for the brave Mo..

BinkyBun
14-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Sending lots of healing happy bunny vibes to Mo xx

thistle
15-02-2008, 12:59 AM
Come on Mo, keep fighting!

Sending more healing vibes.

xx

Amy & Amber
15-02-2008, 01:00 AM
More vibes x x x x

SOAD
15-02-2008, 01:17 AM
Seding more vibes :love:

NickieM
15-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Haven't been on for a few days and was scared to look at the thread in case things had got worse. I am so relieved that Mo, Jane and Cristabel are plugging away. Was a team you make. The A team. Hugs and vibes to Mo.

NickieM
15-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Haven't been on for a few days and was scared to look at the thread in case things had got worse. I am so relieved that Mo, Jane and Cristabel are plugging away. What a team you make. The A team. Hugs and vibes to Mo.

Sorry double post - internet a bit slow today, got impatient :oops::oops:

BirdieBun
15-02-2008, 01:08 PM
She is gorgeous only just seen this sending her vibes xxx

Jack's-Jane
15-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Christabel was pleased with Mo's hocks this morning :)
The worst one still has a very long way to go but there was *no pus* today and as Christabel cleaned the hole out it bled relatively quickly indicating more healthy tissue.

Mo, the Bunny version of Amy Winehouse :rolleyes: is now on the following meds :

Depocillin Injection every 36 hours
Vetergesic Injection 3 times a day
Metacam Injection once a day
Tiacil put into the abscess cavity 3 times a day after first flushing the hole with saline.

*Mo Sings*

They tried to make me go to Rehab, I said 'no'...'no'....'no'....

:rolleyes:

NickieM
15-02-2008, 02:01 PM
The worst one still has a very long way to go but there was *no pus* today and as Christabel cleaned the hole out it bled relatively quickly indicating more healthy tissue.

Mo, the Bunny version of Amy Winehouse :rolleyes: is now on the following meds :

Tiacil put into the abscess cavity 3 times a day after first flushing the hole with saline.

*Mo Sings*

Does that mean she can't get a visa to the US?

Jack's-Jane
15-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Does that mean she can't get a visa to the US?

No, she has not had any convictions for drug offences ;) :lol:

Janex

Steph
15-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Sending loads more vibes to Mo :D xx

Ab & Stu
15-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Sending loads of vibes to Mo! x x

willowthewysp
15-02-2008, 03:16 PM

*Mo Sings*

Oh Jane!!!:lol::lol:
I can just picture Mo now..singing away to her hearts content, whilst wearing a little black beehive wig:lol:

FriskyClover
15-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Lots of Mo vibes.

FC xx

Jack's-Jane
15-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Just another piccie for Willow. Your big brave girlie does love her fresh veggies and fruit!!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Jan-bun/Rabbits2/Picture2081.jpg

Janex

willowthewysp
15-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Awwww:love:
Thank you Jane:D
That means the world to me, it really does!
And i cant help but notice her coat is looking really good:)

Yes, she really does like her fresh veggies!:D

Pringle
15-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Aww she looks amazing, welldone Jane and keep fighting Mo :D! xxxx

Jack's-Jane
15-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Awwww:love:
Thank you Jane:D
That means the world to me, it really does!
And i cant help but notice her coat is looking really good:)

Yes, she really does like her fresh veggies!:D

She insists on a session with her personal groomer ( AKA me!!) every day.
If I dont do her coat just right I am certainly made aware of the fact :rolleyes:

Janex

SOAD
15-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww bless her :love:

BinkyBun
15-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Awwwwww she is looking much better within herself. Her coat is lovely! Well done Jane

NickieM
15-02-2008, 11:13 PM
She insists on a session with her personal groomer ( AKA me!!) every day.
If I dont do her coat just right I am certainly made aware of the fact :rolleyes:

Janex

Dyou think that Mo knows about the Winehouse comparison and is now character acting!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Jack's-Jane
15-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Dyou think that Mo knows about the Winehouse comparison and is now character acting!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:shock::shock:

YIKES !!

Janex

willowthewysp
15-02-2008, 11:42 PM
HaHaHaHa!!!
She gonna be a Diva by the time i get her back!!!
All demands and insults!!!:lol::lol:

Jack's-Jane
15-02-2008, 11:43 PM
HaHaHaHa!!!
She gonna be a Diva by the time i get her back!!!
All demands and insults!!!:lol::lol:

You have been warned!! :lol::lol::lol:

Janex

bunbuns
15-02-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm so glad Mo seems to be making progress.

Bet you're missing her so much Willow.

willowthewysp
15-02-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm so glad Mo seems to be making progress.

Bet you're missing her so much Willow.

It is making my heart ache im missing her so much!
She means the world to me that bunny does:love:
Just seeing the pictures makes me want to snuggle with her!
But the pictures are good...i love the fact that Jane is doing this for me..it means a lot.:)

bunbuns
15-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Jane certainly is a special lady!

joey&bugys 2007
16-02-2008, 12:42 PM
How's Mo doing thiss morning? x

Jack's-Jane
16-02-2008, 02:26 PM
How's Mo doing thiss morning? x

She's doin' good :D
So good that she is a lot more mobile so we have had to have a shift around of accomodation as Mo needs more room!! She even tried to Binky earlier :shock: :D

She now only seems to need the strong pain killer when I flush the abscess. I am just getting her ready to do that now. I'll update you with a pus report later...........:mrgreen:

Meantime I just took this pic of Mo in her new pen :)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Jan-bun/Rabbits2/Picture2082.jpg

Janex

carasblanco
16-02-2008, 02:30 PM
So glad Mo is better! :D She looks like she might be as big as Libby now that I see her in a pen:shock:

karen354
16-02-2008, 02:42 PM
:D I'm so chuffed she's doing so well ... She looks very happy there relaxing on the vetbed..

Thea & Bobbin
16-02-2008, 02:46 PM
I've only just caught up on this one! :oops: What a wonderful job you are doing, Mo looks great :D

Becki xX
16-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Wooohoo, Keep fighting Mo!! Bet you cant wait to have her home Willow :love: X

Pringle
16-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Aww she is looking good :D keep up the good work jane :D xx

Jack's-Jane
16-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Abscess flush accomplished and NO PUS :D

I have seen a marked improvement since applying the Tiacil into the abscess cavity. That and the Depocillin *seems* to be getting on top of the infection.

These pics may look dreadful but honestly this is so much better than last week.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Jan-bun/Rabbits2/Picture2083.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Jan-bun/Rabbits2/Picture2084.jpg

Please keep the vibes coming. With RU vibes what abscess would dare fight back :p

Amy & Amber
16-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Lots of vibes and yes it does seem to be better :D

Lspacehopper
16-02-2008, 03:57 PM
I really hope this all comes good. Mo is such a beautiful rabbit x

willowthewysp
16-02-2008, 05:04 PM
OMG!
I have only just managed to get puter back on after a virus attack!!!:shock:...that was NOT funny!!

Jane...OMG! What can i say?! Her hock looks a million times better:D
And she tried to binky????Awwwwwww:love:

I just cant wait to get that girl back home with me!
(she will be living in the front room with me from now on)

Thankyou again Jane:D

Jack's-Jane
16-02-2008, 05:20 PM
OMG!
I have only just managed to get puter back on after a virus attack!!!:shock:...that was NOT funny!!

Jane...OMG! What can i say?! Her hock looks a million times better:D
And she tried to binky????Awwwwwww:love:

I just cant wait to get that girl back home with me!
(she will be living in the front room with me from now on)

Thankyou again Jane:D

Yikes a 'puter virus :shock::shock:

Willow I have seen a *big* improvement in Mo over the last 24 hours :D
She is moving about so much more and the only time she olds her sorest hock off the floor is just after I have flushed it out. We still have some way to go but I think things are moving in the right direction :D

Janex

Pringle
16-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Aww looks good jane! weldone again xx

MarleyMoo
16-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Aww, that's great news about Mo! Lots more vibes on their way to her. Well done Jane!

Vic x

sally1974
16-02-2008, 06:46 PM
well done Jane, sending lots more vibes your way.
Sallyx

Vanessa.B
16-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Fantastic news :D:D:D:D:D

Mo looks so happy in the piccie of her in her new pen.

Sending vibes for her continued improvement.

Vanessa xx

bunny babe
16-02-2008, 08:19 PM
:wave::D:D:D:D
This is wonderful news. I have been following this each day and hoping that this would be a happy ending and it looks like it is going to be.

Fantastic job Jane.

Jack's-Jane
16-02-2008, 09:36 PM
I cant believe it, Mo just Binkyed!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh no, I now have 2 Binkying Contis in residence.......................:shock::shock:

:lol:

Janex

unalakey
16-02-2008, 10:16 PM
:D Yay for Mo, she must be feeling better then, well done Jane:D

BinkyBun
16-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Wow thats fantastic!!! Lucky you live in a house and not a flat with those two giants binkying!!:lol: Awww this is wonderful. You've done so well bringing Mo back to good health, Jane. You're fab xxxxx

karen354
16-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Good on you Mo! :D:D I'm so glad she's feeling well enough to binky it's great news..

willowthewysp
16-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Jane!!!
That is FANTASTIC NEWS!:D:D
I was going to say, you don't know how happy that made me! But im sure you do know how happy that has made me!!!!
Mo...Binkying? She hasn't done that for a long long time now and i didn't think she would ever again!!!

Thankyou so much Jane for all your hard work and true dedication....this would never have happened if i had not bought her up to you!

Jack's-Jane
16-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Jane!!!
That is FANTASTIC NEWS!:D:D
I was going to say, you don't know how happy that made me! But im sure you do know how happy that has made me!!!!
Mo...Binkying? She hasn't done that for a long long time now and i didn't think she would ever again!!!

Thankyou so much Jane for all your hard work and true dedication....this would never have happened if i had not bought her up to you!

I really believe today has been a turning point for Mo. She has hardly needed any pain relief and she is not limping :D
She is eating really well and just generally looks better. I hope with all my heart that this upward trend continues and Mo can soon come home to you :D:D

petticoat74
16-02-2008, 11:36 PM
FANTASTIC!!! yay for Mo!!:D Way to go girl!:lol:

Pringle
16-02-2008, 11:43 PM
that is brilliant news!!!!!!!! put a huge smile on my face! Jane your a star!!

Amy & Amber
17-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Im so happy! I have tears in my eyes, these past two weeks have been hell.

Well done Mo and well done Jane! You are truly amazing! xxx

donnamt
17-02-2008, 12:30 AM
awww Mo is so brave, those pics are terrible and thats her getting better... owwww poor hunny... making a whole new bunch of vibes that mo can be reunited with her mommy soon xxxx

nina83
17-02-2008, 01:01 AM
OH i've only just caught up with this i'm so very pleased she's making wonderful progress those hocks sure do look a lot better now you can see all the healthy skin underneath oh i'm so pleased for you all and i really hope things continue to improve.

Sending you al oodles of bunny vibes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

willowthewysp
17-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Im so happy! I have tears in my eyes, these past two weeks have been hell.

Well done Mo and well done Jane! You are truly amazing! xxx

I couldn't agree more:)

SOAD
17-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Great news :D

Maizy
17-02-2008, 01:30 PM
This brilliant news!:D

clutterydrawer
17-02-2008, 02:32 PM
wow its like a bunny miracle :)

Brennan
17-02-2008, 02:38 PM
:) Such a nice thing to read x x we are sending lots of bunny hugs your way x x

Jack's-Jane
17-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Mo is most definately feeling better as during her abscess flush-out today she decided to :

1 Fling the bottle of Saline across the kitchen

2 Push a jar of coffee ( open ) into the sink :rolleyes:

3 Chew a hole in my jumper

4 Try to eat a cotton bud

Mo knows she gets a piece of Carrot after her abscess flush-out so she now gets *very* impatient :rolleyes:

I am so pleased she is feisty now. I hate it when a Bun feels so poorly that they let you do anything to them.
I have left her grooming session til later as I feared the entire kitchen would be trashed if I kept her waiting for her carrot any longer !!

Amy & Amber
17-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Great news! :D

Im so pleased she is fighting you back now Jane! It must be so satisfying to know you have given her another life! This thread is so over whelming that I well up every time you post Jane! :D

Fran
17-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Aww that's great news!! :D

cannonwoman
17-02-2008, 05:12 PM
I`m so pleased that Mo is showing such improvement:D

Long may it continue.................

Su.x

willowthewysp
17-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Jane...that is fab news!!!
See...she is turning into that Diva monster now!!!:lol:

Missy
17-02-2008, 09:41 PM
I've only just seen this thread about poor Mo but wanted to add my vibes and hope she continues to improve.

MarleyMoo
17-02-2008, 11:59 PM
That's fab news!! Keep up the good work Jane!

Vic x

thistle
18-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Yay! Fantastic News!:D

I know that it is still early days, but hopefully this means that she has turned the corner.

Edgar the English lop has his ears crossed for her.:lol:

Sending more healing vibes..........

Vikki*and*the*buns
18-02-2008, 01:17 AM
fantastic, she sounds like shes getting better everday:D

more <<<<<<<<vibes>>>>>>>>>

NickieM
18-02-2008, 01:24 AM
Awwww it sounds like she's getting better. Was it an orange jumper by any chance. Did she mistake you for a giant carrot. That could be very dangerous with a giant rabbit now feeling frisky!!!

Pringle
18-02-2008, 01:35 AM
Mo is most definately feeling better as during her abscess flush-out today she decided to :

1 Fling the bottle of Saline across the kitchen

2 Push a jar of coffee ( open ) into the sink :rolleyes:

3 Chew a hole in my jumper

4 Try to eat a cotton bud

Mo knows she gets a piece of Carrot after her abscess flush-out so she now gets *very* impatient :rolleyes:

I am so pleased she is feisty now. I hate it when a Bun feels so poorly that they let you do anything to them.
I have left her grooming session til later as I feared the entire kitchen would be trashed if I kept her waiting for her carrot any longer !!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Thats brilliant, glad shes feeling better xx:rolleyes:

willowthewysp
18-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Jane...Do you think Mo will be needing long term meds?
and do you think she might be well enough to come home soon?
Im missing her terribly!
I will phone you later anyway....couldn't do it yesterday as DH was here all the time, and he doesn't need to know about costs involved or anything:lol:

Jack's-Jane
18-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Jane...Do you think Mo will be needing long term meds?
and do you think she might be well enough to come home soon?
Im missing her terribly!
I will phone you later anyway....couldn't do it yesterday as DH was here all the time, and he doesn't need to know about costs involved or anything:lol:

Mo will certainly need to be on Meds for some time yet. I would guess at least another 6 weeks. She has lost quite a bit of muscle in her back end and although she is much more mobile she is still very wobbly. It will be important to constantly monitor her hocks if we do get to the stage where abx can be stopped.
Will speak with you later. Off for a fun packed trip to Tesco now :rolleyes:

willowthewysp
18-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Good fun shopping at tesco!
i need to go to the shops myself in a bit....trouble is i have to take the kids with me:shock:
It would be easier to go with the rabbits!!!:lol:

bunnylicious
18-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Still sending lots of positive vibes for Mo. That leg is looking so much better. It may be a big hole but the photo looks clean and pink! a big turn around. Keep it up MO!
Way to go Jane and Christel!

bunny mad lisa
18-02-2008, 02:52 PM
i am sooo happy to read Mo is doing better!! well done to Mo :rabbit2:and Jane:angel:

lucycat
18-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Only just read all this (not a big forumer) but my heart and best wishes go out to all of you involved in this.

Good luck with Mo she sounds like a rabbit with attitude and a big character which always makes the fight and the will for her to get better really really worth it.

Having read all of that, I would not hesitate to make a donation to help with the vet costs, i bet others would too. I spent nearly 800 trying to get my big rabbit Dylan through EC and I would have gone to the ends of the world and back for him just as you have. Thank fully the insurers paid. If everyone donated a couple of quid Im sure it would help. One day you may get the chance to return the favour!!! A different sort of insurance....!:)

Good luck to Mo she is beautiful and is a very lucky bunny to have people so prepared to help her.

Lea-Anne
18-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Keep up the good work Jane and keep up the feel good vibes Mo ! :lol:

Jack's-Jane
18-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Me and Christabel have had another long chat about Mo. We now believe that her hind leg weakness is not a consequence of her abscessated hocks but that the hock problem is the result of her hind leg weakness.
Willow (Mo's Mum) did mention Mo's weak back legs to her Vet ages ago. But the Vet said that there was not a problem........
So Mo is now on a 6 week course of Panacur. We obviously dont know if EC is involved but Christabel says we need to cover all bases. Being a REW Mo does have a prononced 'scan' and also falls to one side when asleep. Could some of this be EC induced neurological damage......we dont know.

Today Mo's abscess produced no pus and bled freely during flushing. So I am hopeful we are still moving in the right direction re hock healing. However, I am as sure as I can be that Mos hind leg weakness will be a chronic problem. This means she is likely to always be a 'special needs' Bun. But the main thing is that Mo is happy and pain free. At the moment she appears to be just that :D

Janex

willowthewysp
18-02-2008, 10:11 PM
As long as Mo will be happy and pain free then that is fine by me!

Do you know...i never realised that Mo being a REW was the cause of her scanning..i just thought it was 'her'(as i didn't realise REW's had this problem!..you live and learn!)

Lucycat..that is very thoughtful of you to offer help via a donation...i so wish i had had Mo insured, but i just didn't think of it!:rolleyes:
I have arranged a payment plan for the cost of her treatment, so i should be ok!
It has taught me a valuable lesson...rabbits do need to be insured! And my other bunny is now insured and any more i get will be insured!

andic
18-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Just wanted to say...so glad that Mo is getting better. She is a fighter!
and well done jane - you are a star:D

Fairy13
18-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Glad Mo is doing better. Still keeping fingers crossed for her x x x

BinkyBun
19-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Sorry to hear about the EC! I hope it clears up soon.:( Good news about her abscess tho sounds like its nearly gone soon, fingers and paws crossed! I'm sure Mo will be living the pampered life of Riley now as a special needs bun with her mummy Willow. So annoying that vet let you down thank heavens for Christabel!! xx:D

Do you think we could all raise funds and have Christabel cloned??;)

Pringle
19-02-2008, 12:47 AM
Aww i am so sorry about the possible EC but am glad she is continuing to improve :) xx

Doncat5
19-02-2008, 01:01 AM
Just caught up with this as the last few days have been a bit hectic! Great news about her hock and although the pic looks bad, that looks like healthy tissue, so well done! Hope there insnt any/much EC damage, but at least shes being treated and youre getting somewhere now. Keep on going Mo. :)

willowthewysp
19-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Just wishing Mo a very good morning:wave:
I do hope you are behaving yourself little lady:)

elve
19-02-2008, 12:51 PM
glad the abscess is still improved - let's hope everything else does too :D

and as for her old vet......maybe time he went back to vet school :roll:

Jack's-Jane
19-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Mo has seen Christabel again this morning. Christabel is really pleased with how well Mo's abscessated hock is doing :) There is no pus at all and the hock is scabing over nicely.
Christabel is as sure as she can be that Mo developed sore hocks due to her poor conformation, her abnormally long spine and very weak back legs. To quote Christabel 'another example of poor breeding'................

Mo will always be disabled in that her back end is not strong enough to support her weight but Mo is not in pain at the moment. It will be important to keep her weight down and to give her daily physio to try to help her retain the little muscle tone she does have. Mo also needs to move herself about as much as possible.
Christabel says Mo is exhibiting some abnormal neurological signs which *might* be the result of EC or just another result of poor breeding.

As for her 'Amy Winehouse Supplies'.....well Mo will is now on :

Depocillin every 36 hours for the next 2 weeks ( when we hope to reduce it to every 3 days)
Metacam once a day if required
Vetergesic before daily abscess flush
Tiacil into abscess cavity twice a day
Panacur once a day for 6 weeks

Mo is now tucking into a big pile of hay after her tiring morning!!

Janex

joey&bugys 2007
19-02-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm glad her hocks are healing, and I hope she continues to improve xx

elve
19-02-2008, 01:35 PM
awww poor lassie - maybe badly bred but well loved anyway :) I guess she'll be unimpressed with her daily pellet rations if she's got to be on a permanent diet though :roll:

capel
19-02-2008, 04:15 PM
JUst starting to catch up with all the posts:wave:. I'm so gald the news on Mo continues to be good! You all deserve medals:D

nina83
19-02-2008, 04:24 PM
H it's wonderful to hear Mo's doing so well, come on Mo final stretch now you can do it girl!!!!!

Jack's-Jane
19-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Here's a pic of Mo having her gratted carrot served with a Panacur dressing :rolleyes:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Jan-bun/Rabbits2/Picture2099.jpg

Janex

parsnipbun
19-02-2008, 07:42 PM
mmm - yummm - must try some for dinner!
Is it the aniseed flavoured panacur (Lapizole) or the thicker flavourless 'sauce'? Want to make sure I get my recipe right!

Vanessa.B
19-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Fantastic news that Mo is improving. :D:D:D:D:D

This is such a heartwarming thread.

Three cheers for everyone involved!

Vanessa xx

Jack's-Jane
19-02-2008, 08:22 PM
mmm - yummm - must try some for dinner!
Is it the aniseed flavoured panacur (Lapizole) or the thicker flavourless 'sauce'? Want to make sure I get my recipe right!

Its just the bulk standard Panacur 10% Liquid. It has a bland chalky taste..........

Yep, I have :rolleyes:

Janex

BinkyBun
19-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Ahhh good old panacaur veggie dressing!! :rolleyes::lol:

Jack's-Jane
19-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Ahhh good old panacaur veggie dressing!! :rolleyes::lol:

Just dont tell Gordon Ramsey !! :lol::lol:

Janex

willowthewysp
20-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Thank you Jane for the updates..i havn't been able toget on the pc until now!
Great news about Mo.
As for her conformation...i did ask the vet about that months ago, due to her 'scrawny' back end and i thought it may be her breeding, but he told me there was nothing wrong with her and she needs to stay on the scrawny side:shock:
..My kids are making me laugh now..they are very annoyed with the vet and are telling me to sue him:lol::lol:
I think though, that when i have paid that vet off i will go in search of another one as i do not trust that vet anymore!..You take your animal there for help, spend an absolute fortune on treatment and presume the vet knows best, so listen to what they have to say, and do everything they tell you to do...when they tell you to 'let nature take its course' and stop all abx to 'see what happens', even though i thought:shock:i did as i was told...then she gets worse..but, although it sounds awful, maybe it was for the best...as she is now getting the BEST treatment possible.
I do worry that i was useless with her...but i was only doing what the vet told me too....:cry:

Jack's-Jane
20-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Thank you Jane for the updates..i havn't been able toget on the pc until now!
Great news about Mo.
As for her conformation...i did ask the vet about that months ago, due to her 'scrawny' back end and i thought it may be her breeding, but he told me there was nothing wrong with her and she needs to stay on the scrawny side:shock:
..My kids are making me laugh now..they are very annoyed with the vet and are telling me to sue him:lol::lol:
I think though, that when i have paid that vet off i will go in search of another one as i do not trust that vet anymore!..You take your animal there for help, spend an absolute fortune on treatment and presume the vet knows best, so listen to what they have to say, and do everything they tell you to do...when they tell you to 'let nature take its course' and stop all abx to 'see what happens', even though i thought:shock:i did as i was told...then she gets worse..but, although it sounds awful, maybe it was for the best...as she is now getting the BEST treatment possible.
I do worry that i was useless with her...but i was only doing what the vet told me too....:cry:

In no way are, or were you useless!! You were badly let down by a so called Vet. When I was new to Bunnies I went to a Vet who was clueless and because I *thought* that as a Vet they knew best I too did as I was told with regards to my Buns. This Vet told me that VHD was 'very hard to transmit'..............:shock: :roll:

Please dont think for one minute that you have failed Mo.

She did another wobbly Binky this morning :lol::lol:

Janex

willowthewysp
20-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks Jane:)
Love and hugs to my baby:love:

Jack's-Jane
20-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks Jane:)
Love and hugs to my baby:love:

She is having a very good day today :D She 'helped' me clean and tidy her pen.......well, she trashed some newspaper and dragged some Vetbed about :rolleyes:
Then we had a clean of her ears. Buns with weak back legs tend to get very gunky ears. Crikey you should see what comes out!! :shock:
Christabel had a go yesterday cos she says she likes cleaning gunky ears......:? :lol:

Mo's hocks continue to be looking good :D. She is DEFINATELY feeling much better within herself :D

Amy & Amber
20-02-2008, 05:29 PM
So pleased Mo is still doing well!!! :wave:

willowthewysp
20-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Christabel had a go yesterday cos she says she likes cleaning gunky ears......

Eeewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!:shock:

Jack's-Jane
20-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Eeewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!:shock:

Actually it is quite satisfying...........:oops:

I quite like doing abscesses too :oops::oops:

Me and Christabel had a discusion about our experiences with teenage spots and sqeezing them. We agreed those whose contents hit the mirror were by far the best :lol::lol:

Janex

Lea-Anne
20-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Me and Christabel had a discusion about our experiences with teenage spots and sqeezing them. We agreed those whose contents hit the mirror were by far the best

Thats gross!!!! :no::lol:

So happy Mo is on the mend !!! :love::love::love:

willowthewysp
20-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Ah...now spots...thats differant! Im with you,,,the ones that hit the mirror..so satisfying!:D

Toni H
20-02-2008, 08:24 PM
:wave:So glad Mo is doing well - I make sure this is the first thing I check when I log on now!

Well done Jane, you're love and care have worked wonders!

Nose rubs to Mo.....xx

NickieM
21-02-2008, 12:55 AM
Actually it is quite satisfying...........:oops:

I quite like doing abscesses too :oops::oops:

Me and Christabel had a discusion about our experiences with teenage spots and sqeezing them. We agreed those whose contents hit the mirror were by far the best :lol::lol:

Janex

My goodness your mothers must have gone through tons of Windolene!!! :lol::lol:

joey&bugys 2007
21-02-2008, 12:55 PM
How's Mo doing today? Hope she is well :wave:

Jack's-Jane
21-02-2008, 08:55 PM
How's Mo doing today? Hope she is well :wave:

She has become one feisty Bun !! :shock: :rolleyes:
She appears to feel better every day and now loves to cause as much havoc as possible when I am trying to attend to her hocks :rolleyes:

I took this pic of her this afternoon

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Jan-bun/Rabbits2/Picture2106.jpg

Janex :D

Amy & Amber
21-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Good neatly crossed legs Mo!!! :lol: