• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Summery cheerie pond piccie

Steph

Warren Veteran
I found this piccie of my pond in photobucket today and it really cheered me up. Made me think what lovely flowers and plants we will be seeing in the next few months :D We get many newts and frogs in our pond :D

pond-1.jpg

Aww that looks really nice. I bet it's nice sitting near that so you can hear the water. Very calming.:D

If you have fish, wouldn't they eat the newt efts? Myself and my partner are consultant ecologists and we would usually say fish ponds would end up as sink populations ie newts go back there every year to breed and get scoffed ;)

Either way, it is a beautiful pond and looks sooo peaceful and relaxing to sit by.

steph did you build the pond yourself? If so fancy coming round and giving us some advice one day. We need to build a drainage pond.

Lovely pond. What kind of fish do you have in it?

Thank you :D There is also a waterfall with UV filter on the left of the pond. We have 3 large ghost koi, goldfish, golden orfe and blue orfe. Some of the fish are atleast 9 years old now :shock:

The fish do eat some of the frog and newt spawn but we always have baby froglets and newts about :D

Lucy yes if you want some advice no problem :D

Back